We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why are rates so high in October?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Why are rates so high in October?

Many, including myself are asking this question. Here's some answers...

vegaschatter.com/story/2011/9/6/121159/1916/…

Benbrook, Texas
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why are rates so high in October?

Darn...wanted to read the article, but work has the website blocked.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why are rates so high in October?

Makes sense. Glad we booked so long ago. Friends who were interested in joining were going to pay about 3 times what we paid!

I always forget that it's a convention city....

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,014 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why are rates so high in October?

Yeah, glad I am booked as well. Got some good deals, and so glad I jumped on them right away!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Why are rates so high in October?

We are going the first week of November for a convention but I booked back in February.

Palm Springs Area
Level Contributor
588 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why are rates so high in October?

I used my comped stay at B for attending G2E. Rates would've totaled over $850 for 3 nights in a standard king, no fountain/strip view (incl. resort fees) had I not used it. Crazy.

Edited: 06 September 2011, 22:33
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why are rates so high in October?

When I started looking for hotels for my end of October trip (but ending before Halloween), I thought that perhaps something big was going on or that several large conventions were in town during that time. But that wasn't the case. We are still paying 2 to 3 times the rates we generally pay in the summer. Oh, well. When I get there I will be so excited to be back in Vegas that it won't matter!!

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why are rates so high in October?

I've been checking hotel rates for a while for Oct 2nd. All the hotels keep going up and up and up. Excalibur's rates went up. Hooters was $25 a night, was up to $63 but I think it's went down. Bill's was $30-40 per night, now its around $70... Im thinking I might have to stay at IP to get a good deal :(

8. Re: Why are rates so high in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 02:15