We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best hotel

Ontario, canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The best hotel

We (4) are going to Vegas for the NFR finals on Dec 08/11. What is the best website to book hotel and flight and should I use a travel agent or am I ok to go it alone.?

We allready have the rodeo tickets. We could fly out of either Toronto or Buffalo.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,717 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,102 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from US$426.99*
US$527.50
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Grand Canyon Skywalk...
403 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best hotel

I don't know about flights from Canada. Maybe you want to repost your question something like this: Any Canadians have airline booking suggestions?

Regarding the hotel: I book directly with the hotel. This allows me to adjust dates or cancel (within the 48- or 72-hr. deadline, depending on the hotel. If before I go on my trip I find the cost for my hotel lower than what I paid, a call to the hotel will get me the lower price.

smartervegas.com lists promo codes for hotels

If you want to ask the forum to offer hotel suggestions, you will probably get more by asking: Hotel suggestions at $100 or less (or whatever your budget allows.

Good luck!

2. Re: The best hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 September 2011, 04:05
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The best hotel

"best hotel" is very ambiguous - Best regardless of price? Probably MGM Skylofts but we're talking 1K+/night. More info on your budget and exact dates is handy.

I haven't used a travel agent since the 90's, but I know some people who still like to use them. I book my flights direct with Southwest airlines, but I think you need some other Canucks for more flight input.

As Readerpat said, best is usually to book direct with the hotel - grab something decent now (as long as it allows you to cancel withing 48 or 72 hours of your arrival). Then, you can hunt around to find a better deal - but at least you have something already in pocket. NFR is a pretty big event and I'd book sooner rather than later - prices won't be going down.

Edited: 13 September 2011, 04:12
milwaukee
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best hotel

generally i only recommend booking directly with the hotel. in the event that something goes wrong, its very easy to adjust. I would recommend Aria or Wynn. They are the 2 nicest standard hotel rooms in Vegas in my opinion. Aria i would recommend for the location. Wynn I would recommend for the rooms and restaurants. My wife and I always end up choosing Aria but we also love the Wynns rooms, they are extremely nice and are more of a suite than a standard room.

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best hotel

If there are 4 of you, you could really save a ton from flying out of buffalo.

Check southwest.com, they have direct flight times and if you cancel they give you flight credit good for up to 1 yr from date of purchase.

Best prices/time to book are usually 2-3 months out, and keep ckecking them frequently if you notice any drop you can modify and they'll give you flight credit for the difference. I wouldn't wait till October before you book your flights!

I always book air and hotel separately, but there were few times that 3rd party booking was cheaper (expedia) Compare prices with Expedia to determine the cost difference if booking by package or separately.

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best hotel

If you are confident you will be there on that date you can save a lot booking on sites like Hotwire or bidding on Priceline even compared to using promo codes. I literally just came back from Vegas today and via bidding on Priceline our hotel was 40% less than the best public promo price available direct from the hotel. Your best bet is to take your time, check a variety of sites and go with what works best

for you.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The best hotel

Just to chime in again. Bidding sites can offer super bargains - but you are locking yourselves into that hotel and those dates. And, I would still grab a regular reservation *immediately* at a price you can live with. Do. Not. Wait. NFR is a very big event in Vegas. Look into the bidding sites *after* you already have a reservation. If you get a good price on a bidding site, then just cancel your hotel reservation.

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The best hotel

Not a bad idea motor. I was actually in LV last Dec during that event. We booked very late and still got our room cheap but it's definitely good insurance. Some hotels did have a very big rodeo crowd. Really nice, polite bunch of cowboys.

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The best hotel

We are Canadian and use expedia.ca all the time. Booked our NFR trip through there. Now if only I could find some tickets :)

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The best hotel

Oh and we booked at the Excalibur because it was reasonably priced for the 7 of us. Depends what you want out of the trip, I suppose. MGM, I believe has a fair amount of the cowboys there. Our friends who usually go down every year stay at Hooters.