We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home quick report

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lucan, Ireland
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Home quick report

Well folks firstly thanks to everyone on TA for the advise and help over the past few weeks as we planned our trip.

So we arrived and headed to the taxi rank we feel ripped us off but we didn't know so just paid. The taxi from the airport to the Mirage was $28 and only $15 on the way back. Was annoyed when i found out the price on the journey home but it was too late then.

Ok so we arrived at 10pm on a Sat night we were just gobsmacked with the volume of people partying. It was crazy walking through the hotel. We were too tired to even attempt to go out but I have to say I was itching. We went to bed to catch up on some sleep after our 18hr trip.

I am not going to go into the details of our trip as I don't have the time, instead I am going to rate food, expense and things we enjoyed and didn't like.

Food (no particular order)

1) BLT burger in the mirage- As we were tired and the waiting time was long we ordered a take away. 2 burgers and 1 skinny fries $33( Wow we were shocked. Got back to the room and opened it, what a burger !!! It was cooked to perfection and have to say tasted so good. We were shocked at the price but it was worth it in the end.

2)Kokomo's in the mirage -Went here for our wedding night dinner as it was part of a package with beatles show. Starter of asparagus flan was terrible and wasn't even eaten. They did offer to change it but we said it was ok. I ordered a steak for my main and had to send it back as it was raw. Desserts were lovely. Not a good experience overall.

3)Maggiano's fashion show mall- Price was very good food was excellent. Portion sizes were out of this world, we couldn't finish either main course. Nice place great value.

4)Stripburger fashion show mall- Had a voucher from restaurant.com so decided to try it. Have to say after all the reviews we were expecting a lot more. Burgers didn't come near BLT. the price was better but the food wasn't.- just my opinion!!

5)Cravings buffet at the mirage- Hadn't been to a buffet dinner before and was amazed with the quality of the food. Well looked after and maintained. Loved it !! and went back.

6) Brio town square- Awesome value, great food great service. One of the best meals we had in vegas.

Went a few more places but aren't stuck in my head so obviously weren't good or bad.

More to follow !!

Lucan, Ireland
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Home quick report

Ok here we go again.

Went to the beatles love show on wedding night and now I can understand why people have seen this so many times. WHAT A SHOW !!

Entertained from start to finish and the didn't know where to look. Was really impressed and we enjoyed this so much. We got a good deal on the tickets but if they cost more next time we go we would pay it. Brilliant.

After not being able to celebrate our wedding night as we had an early grand Canyon bus tour the next morning. So up at 5am and bus collected us at 5:50 at the mirage. Brought to the tour centre where we changed buses onto the most entertaining bus journey I have ever been on. Bus driver was a woman called J and she was so funny(apparently does stand up comedy in vegas). the 3.5hrs flew by with tears of laughter.

The grand canyon itself WOW. i have been to a lot of places including Machu Pitchu,Barrier Reef, Taj Mahal etc and this rates up there with the best of them. The weather was great and we had a brilliant day out. Standing near the edge while being screamed at by my new wife was funny. What a drop it would have been ha ha.

Some people say the bus is not the way to go but with the entertainment we had it was perfect.

RECOMMENDED- Beatles Love and Grand Canyon!!

Lucan, Ireland
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Home quick report

I am not going to go into too much more detail as we spent 3 days shopping as that what we went to vegas for.

The hotels in vegas blew us away with the venetian being up near the top. The size of them was unreal.

We lost about $600 gambling and had no real luck except a few wins under $100 which we threw back into the machines.

We have loads left on our list of to do's for next time. Hopefully next year for our anniversary (working on getting it together already).

Any question just ask !!

Thanks

Kinga and Garry

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Home quick report

What an enthusiastic report, I enjoyed reading it and so glad that you had a great time!

Orange, California
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Home quick report

Enjoy the first timer report. Well done! Already planning your next visit, eh? You have the bug, lol. Congrats on your marriage and thanks for posting.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Home quick report

Thank you for your impressions. It was a fun TR.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
345 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Home quick report

Enjoyed your trip report- straight to the point with loads of helpful info for us as we are going to Vegas for Xmas.

Congrats on your recent nupitals :)

ireland
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Home quick report

who did you book your grand canyon bus tour with???

thanks

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Home quick report

I, too am interested in some details about your Grand Canyon trip. What is the name of the company you used? If they offer several different tours, what was the name of the one you took?

Thanks for posting. I am glad you had a wonderful honeymoon.

UK
Level Contributor
480 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Home quick report

Enjoyed your trip report, thanks for posting.

Congratulations on your marriage.

Pinktiffs

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Home quick report

Enjoyed your report, thanks! Congrats to you and your bride!