We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book hotel for May 2012?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
When to book hotel for May 2012?

Hi

Plan to be in Las Vegas from 14-18 May (Mon to Fri) and was wondering if there was anything on at this time that may result in higher hotel room rates? Looking at staying at Bellagio.

Thanks

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,043 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book hotel for May 2012?

There looks to be a few conventions during that time - *roughly* 28K convention goers - this isn't bad, especially for mid-May when the weather in Vegas is just hot, not scorching hot. No major holidays. If it were me, I'd start looking at rates end of Dec to beginning of Jan, then book *something* that's acceptable by mid-january. Then I'd keep looking around for better deals - if I find something better, book it, then cancel the previous reservation.

Edited: 18 September 2011, 10:21
washington, DC
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book hotel for May 2012?

book now if its acceptable rates; keep checking for better ones. The great thing about most vegas hotels is that they're 100% refundable.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book hotel for May 2012?

Thank you both for your replies.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to book hotel for May 2012?

I'm already booked up for May 14th-24th I booked through expedia flight & hotel for £970 pp staying in Vdara!! Hotel was £580 for 2 for 10 nights! Though I'm still going to keep checking for better deals!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,775 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to book hotel for May 2012?

Not only haven't I booked May, I haven't reserved our March trip yet. I did however book December when flights were on sale.

Airfare is completely unpredictable, often due to circumstances that can't be forseen. So if it is a major part of your cost, this should be booked whenever you find a price you are comfortable with.

Las Vegas hotels, unlike some other destinations, do not have their best rates far in advance. These usually come out around 60 days in advance. BUT hotel rates went up markedly in 2011 and will probably continue to do so in 2012. So there is absolutely nothing wrong with reserving a hotel in advance to lock in a rate-----as long as you book direct with the hotel and your reservation is completely refundable.

6. Re: When to book hotel for May 2012?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 10:18