We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirque du Soleil.

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cirque du Soleil.

Hi!

I'd like to know your opinions about which Cirque du Soleil show is better?? I've heard Mystere and Zumanity arent worthy. How about the others?

Thank you!

Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cirque du Soleil.

we loved zumanity. We have also seen 2 cirq in nyc and 2 in dc and loved them all. nobody will like everything. just have fun

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cirque du Soleil.

My favorites remain Love (with the emphasis on the music) and Mystere. I thought O was just o.k.- nothng more ( I liked Le Reve- a Crique-like water show- much more). I didn't like Ka at all- the stage was great but the show itself didn't interest me at all.

I haven't seen Zumanity (it gets very mixed reviews), but I have friends who did see it (not as a group) and they all said it was silly rather than sexy- eye rolling silly. It tried to be risque- but ended up being lame instead.

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
184 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cirque du Soleil.

I loved Zumanity as well. I too had heard that it was not the greatest from reviews here on TA but I am glad I went. I have also seen KA and it is my least favorite of the 4 cirque shows I have seen. If you have never been to a Cirque show just look at the website and pick the one that appeals to you the most.

Edited: 20 September 2011, 23:39
Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cirque du Soleil.

I loved Mystere when I saw it and it often gets mentioned as a great first CDS show. We are seeing Zumanity on this trip, but I wish now that we had got tickets for Le Reve instead.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cirque du Soleil.

Thank you for your opinions.

I'll check them and see wich one seems more interesting! :)

Do i get discounts if I buy the tickets in vegas, instead of buying it online?

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cirque du Soleil.

I loved Mystere as it has more of the traditional cirque acrobatics. Have also seen O, LOVE, KA and Le Reve.

Depending on your time of travel, sometimes you can get a great discount ahead of time. Sign up to become a member on the Cirque du Soleil website which gets you the inside scoop on some discounts. I also have used travelzoo.com for great show deals.

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cirque du Soleil.

I thought Mystere was pretty good. I preferred Love, KA and the non Cirque but like Cirque "LeReve" to Mystere. I thought it was better than O. Haven't seen Zumanity or the Elvis one.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cirque du Soleil.

When people ask about CDS shows, I always recommend Mystere as the first one they see, because it is the most typical of what you would expect from CDS. I have done a lot of reading on this forum the last 10 years and don't ever recall anyone saying they didn't like Mystere.

I have seen Mystere, O, Love, and KA. Mystere remains my favorite. I have seen it 3 times and look forward to seeing it again in October. It is full of humor, feats of strength, acrobatics, and many WOW moments.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cirque du Soleil.

I saw it for the first time , last night and I would have to agree.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cirque du Soleil.

A show on the Living in Las Vegas Podcast compared Zumanity to Absinthe. Might be helpful.

vegasvideonetwork.com/living-in-las-vegas-po…