We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

New Jersey
Level Contributor
553 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

I was catching up on reviews of Ballys and someone mentioned a paranormal experience during the night. I knew of the tragic fire but have you ever experienced something like this during your stay at Ballys? I googled and read that it's the 23 rd. floor mainly. Was there a north /south tower at that time? I f so which tower was it?

Please lets be serious here, it was a tragedy.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
826 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

Did you know 65% of Americans believe in ghosts? I find that amazing.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
804 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

What's the story? We are staying there for the first time in December. My husband loves all the ghost stuff. He would get a kick out of staying someplace "haunted.". Me? Not so much.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
553 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

It happened on Nov.21,1980, it was called the MGM then. A fire broke out and spread quickly resulting in 85 deaths. Youtube has a video of it.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

Stayed there a number of times...never seen any paranormal activity (unless you count some of the sights at the tables in the wee hours).

Here's a link to the Wiki info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGM_Grand_fire

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

Irony of the Day Award:

"Please lets be serious here"

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

When we stayed there in March this year we noticed that during the night the bed sheet would billow up and rise by about a foot and then settle back down every 10 mins or so.

Was this due to ghostly goings on, or my alcohol-induced chronic flatulence?

Who knows?

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
421 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

The only thing I was haunted by at Bally's was sheer boredom. Thank goodness it's surrounded by much more interesting places to go.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

I have stayed there, but my story had more to do with the balcony than with ghosts.......but can never share the balcony story.....as it was in Vegas.

They have French balconies on some of the rooms and they require the doors to be closed. I was told that too many people had jumped over the years so they no longer allowed people to use the balcony.

Then it got me thinking. In Vegas all the fantastic new hotels, resorts don't have balconies.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

The Cosmopolitan has balconies.

ellesmere port
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ballys...........If You Ever Stayed There

I stayed at Ballys and encounted a mysterious disappearance in the room, my wallet disappeared along with my wife !!