We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

Time to start the all important "official head count for our M&G being held on 10/31 11 at 2pm. It will be in The Pub -they have a wide selection of beers, mixed drinks, and some appetizer special for Happy Hour~

So, please feel free to post how many of you are planning on attending

Also, if you plan to do the "grab bag" (something from your hometown state or country) please let us know. Simply put, if you bring a gift you pick a gift.

I'm a definite and I think my husband will come for a bit also So, 2. I'm checking with a friend who doesn't post on TA and I'll add accordingly.

Janice

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

"The Kid" and I will be there so add 2

Will bring a grab bag and our "Canadian" accents

Brighton
Level Contributor
774 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

Oh man!!!! My flight home is at 5 pm and need to be there at 2 to check in (international flight)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

I am hopeful of dropping by - not so sure if I can persuade my other half! We're leaving that day too, but our flight is in the evening.

Will bring my Scottish accent ;P x

Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

Yipee ki oh...We will have myself and my better younger half...our daughter and her BF{Vegas Virgin}. We will be bearing Texas gifts.{ possibly a horny toad} Not really. So it will be me-John: wife-Lea: daughter Allaina: boyfriend Nick. we all are blessed with the Texas Twang.

Lovin...... will you be singing any songs from Jersey Boys?

Edited: 07 October 2011, 20:09
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

Wish I could join, I leave the 31st on a 12:25 pm flight....boo!

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

Good morning all- I'm working my 6th day straight, (rotational Saturdays-ugh) but it's all good because it's another day closer to Vegas.

rvoice and gymjudge- sorry you can't make it. it would have been great to have you join us.

warehouse- Nope-no singing for me.... and besides if I were to sing it would have to be something by Billy Joel since he and I both grew up in (ok DON'T laugh) Hicksville,NY. He is older than me but hung out with my brothers sometimes. We are true LonnnnnGUYlanders! (not sure why you keep associating me with "new Joisy" LOL

Come on people- give me your count~

have a great day

J

woodstock, ct
Level Contributor
412 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

Boohoo....leaving on the 31st too on a 3:00 flight. I can never seem to catch a M&G.

Dumfries, SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
44 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

We will be there armed with "Grab Bags"

There will be myself - Martin, I will have my scottish brogue, my lovely wife Joanne she has a scottish with the odd sheffield word accent, our friends Iain - scottish and Claire (very) liverpudlian.

Happy days !!!

Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

Lovin..hate to hear the 6 days straight..... what do you do?..my wife has been working 10 hour days she needs this trip....Hicksville huh..wy wife is from Honibia, Oklahoma bout the same but zero famous people....sorry I do not know my Long Island from Jersey...I can only hope that everyone from that area is as nice as you...thanks for putting this thing together,,kudos

Martin...been to London once and thought it was beautiful but food was terrible... always wanted to see Scotland..looking forward to meeting your group and helping any way we can.

Edited: 08 October 2011, 21:14
Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: The Official "Accents and Twangs" M&G head count 10/31/11

Hicksville- don't let the name fool you- My high school had 1000 graduating in '73 (my year). Aside from Billy Joel we also had Lorraine Bracco of "The Sopranos" in our school.

We now live in Massapequa- hometown of the Baldwin brothers, Jerry Seinfeld, "stuttering John from the Howard Stern show, Steve Guttenberg(oh and the infamous Joey Buttafucco-yuck!)

I work for a huge cardiology/internal medicine group-13 doctors- super busy and stressful at times but I love it.

As for putting the M&G together-you're quite welcome-- it's simple- name a date and time and "they" will come (well, hopefully**) I enjoy getting to meet other people who enjoy Vegas as much as we do. After all "you guys' understand what it's all about-

Three weeks from tomorrow we are on the plane!!

Still would love to hear from more people -come and join us at our M&G!

Janice