We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas Xmas through Jan 5

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
690 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas Xmas through Jan 5

I know many of you are experienced vegas travellers. We will be in Vegas from Dec 25th to Jan 1 south of the strip and the 1st to 5th somewhere on the strip. Can anyone give me feedback on the time of year and how busy it will be, what the weather is usually like and any date specific activities or recommendations?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
3,508 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas Xmas through Jan 5

New Year's weekend will be a madhouse. The rest should be pretty quiet.

Weather can vary. Expect 50's-60's for highs, 30's to 40's for lows.

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas Xmas through Jan 5

My H and I get in on the 25th as well!We have been there for Rodeo week (mid-December), it's rained on us, snowed and have had sunshine...you just got to plan for anything! New Years will be a zoo, the rest not so much, but from what I understand, there will be a lot of kids, since everyone is on winter break.

We are planning a hike at Valley of Fire, since it wont be blistering hot there that time of year :)

Have fun!

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas Xmas through Jan 5

People don't go to Vegas that time of the year to get a tan as it can be darn cold. You will need medium to heavy jackets if you plan on spending time outside. SInce you are from Canada you will be fine. Those who are arriving from Florida will be freezing. But bring layers to make sure you can stay comfortable.

Are you stuck south of the strip? Nothing can replace being on the strip.

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
690 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas Xmas through Jan 5

We will be south of the strip for the first week and somewhere in the middle of it from the 1-5th. We have our kids so we will spend the first week sorting out everything and relaxing and the second portion hitting the center of the strip!

AUSTIN
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas Xmas through Jan 5

I snowed on New Years Day last year.It gets reaaaaaally cold sometimes--ask the folks who were out on the strip for NY Eve...

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas Xmas through Jan 5

we went to vegas dec 26- jan 3 and it was COLD! i thought it was going to be warm and packed all summer clothes and it was freezing. we went to the grand canyon one day and there was snow there.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas Xmas through Jan 5

It was not warm the last 2 years for NYE, in fact it was warmer in NYC then in Vegas. We had sweatshirts and Jackets and hats and gloves. No coats. Lately, it is getting a little more crowded the week of the holiday. It is a good place to visit. The entire world seems to be off from school or work.

Colleges are off, most schools are closed. People seems to come to Vegas.

8. Re: Vegas Xmas through Jan 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 00:16