We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

colorado
Level Contributor
762 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

We are looking for a cheaper show to see. We just got tix for Carrot Top as well. We usually do a comedy or improv show, but thought Defending the Caveman might be a good alternative. Looks like we can get 2 VIP tix for $49.95 + fees, so around $60 total. The reviews seem decent, just not a lot on the forums recently about the show. Any input would be appreciated. Thx

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

We saw it in August. The theater in Harrahs where we saw it was quite small and I wouldn't see the need for VIP seating unless you really wanted it. We used a coupon from Las Vegas Advisor for B1G1.

It was hilarious and we really enjoyed it.

colorado
Level Contributor
762 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

Steph- I printed off a coupon from vegaslocals.com and it states you need to buy a VIP ticket and get one free. Do you know of a better deal for tix? Thx

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

We saw it earlier this year, maybe July. It was just OK to me. I don't know that I could really recommend it. Some parts were funny, some were dumb, and sometimes it was just slow. The show is only an hour and the showroom was only about 50-60% full. We had a buy one get one coupon, and paid around $55. If we had paid full price, I would have been very disappointed. I didn't realize prior to the show that you don't really know who will be performing. That may have changed my mind.

Edited: 09 October 2011, 20:35
Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

@ iluv...what do you mean you don't know who will be performing? I guess I figured it was always the same guy? Kevin Burke was his name, I think....do others perform it as well?

We thought it was really funny!

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

Here is a link to Las Vegas 24/7 books that they hand out in the cabs. There is an ad in there for buy 1 get one that doesn't specify VIP.

247vegas.com/content/…default.aspx

Edited: 09 October 2011, 21:38
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

We bought our tickets at Tix4Tonight. It was enjoyable. We were glad we saw it but were also glad we didn't pay full price. VIP tickets are not necessary. We bought the cheap ones and were seated in the front row.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

I read some reviews on Yelp and a few other sites ... somewhere I read that you don't who will be performing. Kevin Burke did not perform the night we were at the show. Maybe that's why it wasn't as good as we hoped?

Edited: 10 October 2011, 00:37
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

We saw it when it was at the Excalibur and it wasn't Kevin Burke for our show either.

colorado
Level Contributor
762 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

Printed out the coupon from Steph....thanks again! Interesting that they have other performers other than Kevin Burke, I wonder if you can find out who the performer is before buying the tix.

10. Re: Anyone see "Defending the Caveman" recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 17:17