We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai restaurant

mexico city
Level Contributor
186 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Thai restaurant

Hi,

I'm going to be in vegas on December, does anyone can recommend a nice but not to expensive thai restaurant, we will have a car.

Thanks

Rosa

1. Re: Thai restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 October 2011, 07:35
FL
Level Contributor
74 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai restaurant

Have never been, but Lotus of Siam is always highly recommended. :)

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,727 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai restaurant

Have never been, but Lotus of Siam is always highly recommended. :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
759 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai restaurant

Have been, and Lotus of Siam is always highly recommended. :)

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai restaurant

Have a look at Lotus of Siam:

http://www.saipinchutima.com/#/HOME-01-00/

the"single best Thai restaurant in North America"

- Jonathan Gold, Gourmet magazine

Zagat reviews:

www.zagat.com/r/lotus-of-siam-las-vegas

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thai restaurant

Have been and- another vote for Lotus of Siam.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thai restaurant

I do NOT care for Lotus of Siam. In my opinion, it is highly over-rated! Best in America -- BS!! Lousy atmosphere, indifferent service, noisy, and the food isn't great.

My first visit, I was really looking forward to it. I'd been warned that teh shopping center it is in was pretty bad, so I was not turned off by it, but even so, I was not prepared for the restaurant itself to be in keeping with the rest of the shopping center.

I went a second time, under protest, by friends who did not beleive my review and who were fixated on the "best in America" nonsense.

I like Pin Kaow, down on eastern in Henderson. The ambience in very nice. The servers are very sweet. The food is good. I don't know the schedule, but there are some performances of Thai music.

They have two other locations, but the only one I have been to is the one on Eastern just south of the 215.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,417 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thai restaurant

Of course everybody on here will say Lotus, which is definitely good, but the best, I don't know about that. Mostly tourists go there. There's another place across the parking lot from Lotus called Komol, which is just as good, if not better. You really should check Yelp.com for reviews on restaurants...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thai restaurant

Umaga, thanks for the tip about Komol. I've seen some recommendations for it, but I have not yet tried it.

"Across the parking lot" -- if you are standing directly in front of Lotus, facing Lotus, you are facing North. Am I correct that Komol is in that group of restaurants to the SouthEast, with some Korean restauants and a dry cleaners?

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thai restaurant

I love Thai food. There really aren't a lot of options for it in the touristy areas though. You can find Thai style dishes in some of the Strip's Asian restaurants, but there really isn't one dedicated solely to Thai cuisine.

I'm sorry to hear Mike's take on Lotus. I've never been there but everyone always raves. Thanks for giving the other perspective.

Edited: 12 October 2011, 03:37