We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

Cumbria,UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

Hi

I'm looking to go to Vegas with hubbie, daughter and her fiance as an extra holiday next year and was wondering if there is a period in the year with offers for travel and accomodation??

Thanks for any help...

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

I've no idea about flights from the UK but cheaper times for hotels tend to be mid December through to a day or two before New Year's Eve and also July and August when it's too hot for a lot of people and no large conventions are scheduled.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

Blagger is correct. I always plan one of my Vegas trips mid December simply because of the lower prices.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

Your biggest variable expense is the flight from the UK. I know summer is the most expensive time to fly... maybe some of the UK posters here can suggest when the cheapest time is.

For hotels, you can almost always get really good rates from Sun-Thurs nights. If you are looking for a chear vacation, stick to those days and you'll be fine. If you do want to be in town on the weekend and want cheap rates, you can always move to a cheaper hotel for those nights.

Personally, if flying all the way to Vegas, I'd go when I want to go and find a way to make it work financially. I wouldn't want my only trip to Vegas to be when it was too cold to sit by the pool. The weather is great from late April through May, and I suspect flights aren't too bad then either.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

Despite what anyone tells you there are no really off-season periods in Las Vegas. There may be periods of a week or so when rates are a little less, but these are not extended periods. For instance Jan-Feb when LV is could and you can't use the pools, still has many periods with high rates due to events and conventions.

The best thing to do is travel when it is convenient, and include as few Fri?Sat nights in your trip as possible.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

Pay $59 for a room in the MGM in August, pay £600+ for the flight from the UK. There is not a month IMHO where you get both hotel and flight at great prices. Choose the month you want to go in and save!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

I second Blaggers comments and would also add...

- Avoid US holiday weekends for higher prices.

- During the week is A LOT cheaper than the weekends

- Hotel deals come out 3-6 months out

- check for any large conventions on one of the convention calendars - most won't have too much affect but there are some times where it may

With that said just about every month you can find decent prices. When looking at a hotel check the calendar of prices. That will give you a good overview of what days/weeks are cheaper than others.

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

The main thing is that usually the hotel rates will be less expensive booked separately and not part of a package with flight. Plus when the rates go down you can call and get the lower rate. Pick something mid-strip Sunday -Thursday is cheapest. If your holiday is longer, you might stay downtown (Fremont Street) during the weekend. Highest end hotel downtown is Golden Nugget, and others that people have mentioned staying at and enjoying downtown are: Four Queens, El Cortez, Main Street Station, Golden Gate (not Gold Spike )

On the strip, reasonably priced (inexpensive) are: Flamingo, Bally's, Harrah's, Bill's, Monte Carlo,

If it is your first trip, I would not stay way far north or south strip (Stratosphere, Riviera, Luxor).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

I think you are best to trave when it is most convenient for you as well. By the time you pay for flights and organise time off work etc, you don't want to be there when its too cold to go out at night or too hot to go out in the day.

There are other ways to save money in vegas. We always try and do a cheapo day where we spend as little as possible on food and do all the free attractions.

There is some good info and photos in this article

www.weekendnotes.com/las-vegas-on-a-budget/

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,744 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

Big sports events also drive up prices; Super Bowl, Kentucky Derby, March Madness, etc. December is cheap but cold. Might try the week after Labor Day (1st Monday in September). It's still real hot, but schools have started so less kids and the big conventions don't get started until the middle of Sept. Airfares drop too, since summer vacations are over.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a less expensive time of year to visit LV??

on this site almost all hotels discount rates are posted. generally 25-40% off. so check it- they seem to remain petty much the same; so find the discount on your side, and you've got much of a standard

come enjoy!!