We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

I know I sound very opionated <SP> but I found it so wierd to see so many "mature" women in their wedding dresses in restaurants, on the strip....this to me was ultimate tackiness! Are they looking for attention or what? I think these women must be major attention seekers!

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

Yes.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

Its just for fun! I would think in Vegas most would not have a formal reception.

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

Bridezilla is generally reserved for brides who behave badly--like spoiled kids.

I don't know why you would find "mature" women in their wedding dresses objectionable. They got married in Vegas, and they're out celebrating. It has nothing to do with being an attention seeker I wouldn't think. It's just an after the ceremony meal. I'd say it's not so much opinionated as perhaps a little judgmental and ageist? Would it bother you less if the brides were "immature?"

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

Wow. I got married in Las Vegas and I had to walk from one place to the other just like everyone else. Was I supposed to change my clothes between the ceremony and the reception so as to not walk in public in my gown? And after the reception when my friends and family gathered in the lounge at the Palazzo was I supposed to change first?

I'm not a major attention seeker - I just wanted to enjoy my wedding day with my new husband. The people around me were the biggest non-factor ever. All I saw was him. And I wanted to wear my wedding dress as long as I possibly could. I'm only going to get married once and I looked high and low for that special dress. I wanted to wear it every possible second I could. And, yes, that included a 3 am trip to Denny's after a very long day.

Vegas is for everyone - brides too.

And it's "opinionated".

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

Of course they want attention! And they deserve it, it's their day.

Don't forget, a lot of them gave up the family/friends at home wedding for the Vegas wedding. So instead they will get a little attention from strangers and get to be center stage for a while. All part of their Vegas experience.

My wife used to love the pool view rooms at Mandalay Bay. Everyone else wanted rooms with the best Strip view in Las Vegas. Not my wife. She wanted to be able to watch all the wedding parties going to the chapel on weekends.

Don'r rain on their parade.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,839 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

Just a guess, but they were probably celebrating their wedding day. Brides and grooms have after parties and receptions in LV. They tend to do this at restaurants. I suspect the VFW was all booked up. And why not wear your gown out and about? I think it's fun to see. Your mileage obviously varies. :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,074 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

I think it's great. Yes, they're looking for attention but so what?

One of my favorite Las Vegas images is a bride in a big white dress hoisting herself up into the shuttle from the Rio to the Strip!

Go to Disney and newlyweds walk around with Mickey/Minnie ears with little top hats or veils. Many other places you see them with tshirts or something that says some version of "just married."

Leave it to Las Vegas to do the same thing, but just bigger and louder!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

I love seeing the brides out and about, and always offer my congratulations.

So wedding dresses in Vegas were the weirdest thing you saw? That's amazing.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

I love to see the bridal parties strolling around the Strip. It always brings a little tear to my eye (they know nothing of pain).

Seriously though, if I was married in Vegas I would want to visit all the landmarks to have photos taken in my finery.

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats with the bridezillas' in their wedding gowns?

Wow imagine... A bride wearing her wedding gown, the day she got married! Oh the horror! (Rolling my eyes). Btw a bridezilla is a bride that throw temper tantrums... Your post is more bridezilla like than the actual brides in their wedding gowns in las vegas.