We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Absinthe or Carrot Top?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Absinthe or Carrot Top?

Doing my first Vegas solo trip Dec 11-14. Already have tickets for Terry Fator but can't decide between Absinthe or Carrot Top. Heard they were both great!

UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Absinthe or Carrot Top?

I've watched youtube clips of Carrot Top and didn't find him funny. Guess it might be because I'm from the UK and don't 'get' his style of humour. I've gone for Absinthe

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Absinthe or Carrot Top?

We did Absinthe in September and were thoroughly entertained. On the other hand, I remember hearing Carrot Top won Las Vegas Entertainer of the Year a couple of years ago.

I'd go Absinthe--it's a lot fresher.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Absinthe or Carrot Top?

My first suggestion would be to go see Carrot Top. However, since Absinthe appears to be around for a limited time, I would go see that one this time around. Carrot Top will be around much longer, and then you can go see him on your next trip.

Just for the record, I have seen Carrot Top more than once and love his show. He keeps it very fresh and up to date. I have not seen Absinthe, but many people who have said it is really good.

Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Absinthe or Carrot Top?

I've only seen Absinthe, and I'd totally recommend it. IF you don't mine REALLY, REALLY dirty comedy. If dirty, racist, or otherwise offensive jokes aren't you're thing you might wanna go with Carrot Top instead.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,961 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Absinthe or Carrot Top?

Since you've already got a comedy show, I'd lean toward Absinthe. Carrot Top will be there forever while Absinthe is only scheduled for another year.

Edit - and good point by theFinn - Absinthe gets *REALLY* raunchy at a couple points.

Edited: 27 October 2011, 17:36
Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Absinthe or Carrot Top?

I have not seen Absinthe but I have seen Carrot Top and it is hands down the funniest show I have ever seen in my life! Don't go by any YouTube clips to judge, he is ranked as like the #5 highest rated thing to do in Vegas for a reason, check out the reviews, you will have a sore stomach from laughing so hard guaranteed!

Toronto
Level Contributor
687 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Absinthe or Carrot Top?

Seen both back to back nights in August. All 4 of us preferred Carrot Top hands down.

It's not that we did not like Absinthe - we enjoyed it - but we all agreed that the winner was Carrot Top!!

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
421 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Absinthe or Carrot Top?

Saw Carrot Top a few days ago based on TA recommendations. He was better than I expected and my husband loved the show too. Haven't seen Absinthe so I can't compare. My only issue with Carrot Top is that the seating area is very steep, so if you're a bit higher up you don't get to see his face as well.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Absinthe or Carrot Top?

I ahve seen CT, hoping to see Absinthe in December!!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Absinthe or Carrot Top?

Thanks Everybody! Good opinions, all!