We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bookit.com - Mystery hotels?

Ingatestone, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Bookit.com - Mystery hotels?

Has anyone had any experience of booking a 'mystery' hotel via bookit.com and is it worth doing?

They are offering 5 star, 5 diamond resorts mid-strip for around $160 per night. Sounds really good compared to standard prices of these resorts.

Is there any way of getting an idea which hotel it is prior to booking?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,043 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bookit.com - Mystery hotels?

There has been a great deal of discussion about these sourts of sites: www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums… &o=10&ff=10&geo=45963

It's usually pretty easy to identify the hotel from the list of amenities.

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bookit.com - Mystery hotels?

I'd like to try this, one day, but I suspect I'll have to wait until I'm travelling on my own. My wife is very particular about where she stays.

I'd be more flexible were I going solo, but imagine the horror if you wound up giving money to Donald Trump!

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bookit.com - Mystery hotels?

One word of advice. If you book it thru bookit.com give it a couple days and call the hotel and make sure they have your reservation. We used bookit.com for a hotel in New Orleans and when we arrived they had no record of our reservation. What a hassle that check in was and the lady commented that it happens all the time with bookit.com.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,452 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bookit.com - Mystery hotels?

Thanks for that info, Maxamuus. There's a thread that keeps popping up on here lately that seems to be started by someone from Bookit that is trying to make Bookit.com look like something great. Nice to have info from someone who's actually used them an not just someone who works FOR them.

I personally wouldn't take a chance with a mystery hotel. I usually stay at a hotel because that's where I want to be on a certain trip, so being given something I didn't pick does not appeal to me. Even if it's a more expensive hotel for less money.

Someone on here booked a hotel Downtown on one trip that by the description should have been the Golden Nugget and was something like the Gold Spike. Now that's just wrong. I'll keep picking my hotels myself.

Sorry to digress, Polarbear. I hope if you do go with the mystery hotel, you get something you are happy with. Just be aware that you can get good deals directly from some of these nice mid-strip properties just by signing up for e-mails and watching the offers.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,800 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bookit.com - Mystery hotels?

"They are offering 5 star, 5 diamond resorts " Really? Are these Bookit's 5 stars and diamonds? Because then they mean nothing but a self serving bogus marketing designation.

There are only two 5 Star AAA and 5 Diamond Forbes hotels in all of Vegas.

woodstock, ct
Level Contributor
412 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bookit.com - Mystery hotels?

I'm here in Vegas now. I used bookit and got the Wynn. Absolutely no problem checking in. I'm on the 54th floor, panoramic, overlooking the strip. What I do like about using them is they have a payment plan. I booked with 100.00 down and then they charged two more payments at intervals. It's nice arriving with your hotel paid for. Of course comps are better, lol.

7. Re: Bookit.com - Mystery hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 05:15