We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Pools

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
November Pools

I know it's unlikley but GF is looking to relax and read near a pool when we visit Nov 13 - 17.

We are staying @ Bally's and their pool closes Nov 6 as does the Paris pool.

Just wondering if anyone knows any nearby pools open in Nov and whether there is a way to pay for a day's access.

Other thoughts on a quiet place to relax and read outdoors if the weather is cooperative?

Thanks

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,550 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,011 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
804 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: November Pools

Since you are staying at a CET property, you have access to all the CET pools, including Flamingo and Caesars. Just because the pool is closed, doesn't necessarily mean you can't go sit outside and read. I believe it just means swimming is not an option. Should the weather stay nice, they could extend the pool hours. For a nice quite place to relax I think Caesars would be your best bet.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November Pools

Wouldn't the pool access be off limits? I recall last year when I was at Bally's around the same time the pool was signed off as closed and I would think the doors were locked (though I didn't try them).

Ohio
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: November Pools

There is the Flamingo Habitat area that has some benches scattered throughout, and it is like a park setting. I usually go there when I want to make some phone calls back home.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November Pools

Anyone else?

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
254 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November Pools

I'm arriving at the Flamingo in Vegas this Saturday (11/5) and keep getting conflicting information about the pools. I've called three times in the past week and gotten three different answers: 1). Pools are open, don't know when they will close. 2) Pools closing on November 6th. 3) Pools close based on weather forecast. Once I was told the Caesars pool is always open and can be used by other Total Rewards members and once I was told I could use the Caesars pool but there was a fee on Saturday.

Based on past experience, I expect the pools to be closed (and the high temp is only going to be in the 60's). That, plus the price of golf is why I'm planning the second half of my vacation in Phoenix.

6. Re: November Pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:16