We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

I wonder if they'll talk about the positive aspects of TA, not just fake reviews.

Interesting the focus is on reviews and not TRs which tend to have more detail and you get to see if the person is demanding/unrealistic or has similar expectations to you.

I write reviews to share enjoyable experiences (e.g. restaurants I hope people discover through good reviews) but wrote a TR to give a more complete picture of other aspects. I tend to search TRs for realistic opinions rather than reviews which blame hotels in Vegas for the Strip being overcrowded or irrelevant matters.

Edited: 31 October 2011, 21:10
Leeds
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

The thing is and I'm by no means backing up some of the actions of the "reviewer's" or the need to be so detailed and opinionated about the properties they stayed in, it's just from what I could see none of them were lying.

Playing up to the cameras was always going to happen. You open your doors to the public your going to invite opinion be warped, false or complimentary.

London, United...
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

Its on 4od for anyone who missed it.

channel4.com/programmes/…4od

essex
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

Karen

You are too blinkered you have again missed the point , I have posted here on this site 10 times in 3 years, on a Spainish site I'm involved in and lived part time since 1988 I have posted about 1500 times in 10 years and that is answering technicle questions and thanking people regarding updates, we NEVER slag restaurants off , just state if good value for money or not, because everyone has different tastes , so get your facts correct before posting, as they say a lot off damage can be done as per the TV programme's distorted opinion of what was shown

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

I am not going to comment on this again, suffice it to say that It never occurred to me for one moment Pottys that when you were calling people "Hitlers" and "get a lifes" you were referring to the people who were contributing and commenting on this thread. I suppose I was naive not to think that that someone would chip in just to have a personal slight at others.

Oh well, they do say live and learn.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

This is an interesting comment about the editing of the show from one of the reviewers who was featured in it - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186216-i15-k491…

London, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

The guy who marked the sheets was even sadder about the tea and coffee, taking a couple of bits out then not happy when he came back and they hadn't been replaced??? You still have tea and coffee there so what's the problem??? Totally anally retentive and nothing like 99% of honest reviewers on the site. Quite honestly the guy needs to get a life!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

I don't think that TA has done itself any PR favours in allowing these people to place such dire and unjustified reviews or indeed braodcasting it to the entire nation. It was quite obvious that those reviewers were from the extreme end of the spectrum. All they will eventually achieve by posting such negative reviews is to undermine the fundamental principle of TA, as in the end all businessess will be branded by their subjective reviews which will untimately not help anyone to decide where to eat or stay. It would certainly devalue any genuinely balanced review which would be a great shame.

I sincerely feel for the hard working business owners who have to tolerate these people and I would hope that anyone with a modicum of intelligence would see straight through these extremely pedantic reviews.

There is however some degree of poetic justice in it all, in that these reviewers are now being reviewed themselves. Life's like that sometimes!

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

Agree fully with your sentiments.

Thin lady with the spectacles, posing as a Trip Advisor devotee, seemed a nasty bit of work-along with her long suffering partner.The'yve had their 5 minutes of fame,perhaps they'll ride off into the sunset.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

I didn't think CatDee was too bad. Her reviews on here are foodie, mainly 4 or 5 so a bad review reflected the poor quality of her meal. I genuinely don't think she goes to places to find fault like the men depicted - at least, not when you look at her reviews on TA.

Had I been badgered and bullied during my meal by a hotelier demanding that I remove an honest review and going on about his health reasons, I probably would have walked out as well. Of all the reviewers, I thought she was the most decent and genuine - but it helped that I checked out her reviews, as well!

Incidentally, Ricki (his spelling, not mine) posts here as truehotelreviewer - as he told The Guardian. I loved it when he said he was glad the hotel had refused to let its name be used - and then named it himself!

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Trip Advisor programme on Ch 4 right now - UK

I've seen much worse on some of the city TA sites.

There are many good and several bad parts of TA.

Such is life