We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roy's for Dinner?

Missouri
Level Contributor
873 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Roy's for Dinner?

Based on TA Reviews I'm considering Roy's for an upcoming trip. I was confident the nice folks here on TA wouldn't steer me wrong. Also, Roy's was ranked number 1 of Las Vegas restaurants here on T/A. But then........I began to scroll through the other top restaurants and the Cheesecake Factory is #4 on the list?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Anyone been to Roy's?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roy's for Dinner?

I went to Roy's in Hawaii but not in Vegas. It started in Hawaii and it is very good but it is a chain restaurant. I had some of the best tuna I have ever had and I would like to go back at some point.

You may want to check their website and if you know you are going to another city where they have them you might want to go to something more unique to Vegas. However, if you do decide to go I don't think you will be disappointed if it is anything like it was in Hawaii.

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Roy's for Dinner?

Went there 8-16-11, for our 25th anniversary. They make celebrations special, food was good, we even hit their happy hour on another night and enjoyed it also.

Winter Springs...
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roy's for Dinner?

Never been in LV but love the one here in Orlando. If you've never been it's worth it for the Chocolate souffle alone!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,976 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roy's for Dinner?

I've been to Roy's in Las Vegas, Orlando, and Dallas (Plano).

Orlando and Dallas looked exactly the same, Las Vegas looked different - bigger, brighter, busier, more open. I love the food at Roy's. I always get the same thing - the Trio of fish - because I can never pick just one thing and this gives me 3 different delicious tastes.

I don't pay any attention to rankings.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Roy's for Dinner?

I've eaten at Roy's twice. Loved it both times. I didn't realize that it was a chain until recently.

It's upscale. Very, very nice. Great food. Excellent service.

I look forward to going back.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
526 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roy's for Dinner?

We've eaten at Roy's in LV and in Chicago, and, our experience in LV was the superior of the two. It remains one of our more memorable meals, ever. The flavors and presentation Roy's are exceptional. Add in good service and a fun cocktail, and, you have all the makings of an excellent dinner.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roy's for Dinner?

We enjoyed Roy's on Maui. I had the best Filet Mignon I've ever eaten there.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roy's for Dinner?

We enjoyed the one in Philly (closed now) but probably would skip in Vegas because there are so many other options that don't have locations in other cities.

If you like the menu - then go for it!

9. Re: Roy's for Dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:18