We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

No matter how hard I try, I can never have anunbroken nice relaxing sleep. I feel like my adrenaline is going overtime the night before I leave. Am I alone here? Thanks.

Lucia

one hour from...
Level Contributor
656 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

No..you are not alone!!!!I always have insomnia the night before a big event!!! Always get up the next morning with "puffy eyes" LOL...Can never sleep on a plane either :( Bummer!!!!! Hubby can and does fall asleep anywhere...LOL

Freeland, Washington
Level Contributor
332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

I don't really get insomnia - I just wak up several hours before the alarm (or wake-up call) is set to go and then I'm up - it usually evolves into me being ready and everyone dragging their feet....."come on, come on, let's go - get you butt into the showers...."

somewhere in florida
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

try taking a sleeping pill on the plane. it has worked wonders for me. as for the pre-trip excitement...... i love it, and don't care if i sleep.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

Thanks Cheermom and Escrowgirl. Lucia

Spring Valley, CA
Level Contributor
602 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

Me too Lucia-not only insomnia, but obsessive packing beginning the week before, hubby packs half an hour before we leave, just don't get it. I feel like the kids in the new Disney World commercial "I'm too excited to sleep!" I just run on fumes and drop into my hotel bed first night there exhausted.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

yes indeed

Copperas Cove, Texas
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

lol..me me me...and pooh i do the pre- packing thingy...cant help it..lol

ATTLEBORO
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

I do the pre-packing thing as well, fiance packs 1/2 hour before and never forgets anything. I usually forget something, but overpack a TON! As for insomnia, get it, HATE it, but have learned to live (not deal) with it. As for sleeping pills on the plane, that would KILL me! If I'm that wired, NOTHING will get me to sleep, so taking a pill just makes me more groggy, but certainly not rested. (Been there, done that) I also have trouble sleeping in odd places, so the first night or 2 in a hotel aren't fun. Anyone have any suggestions on getting (and staying) to sleep the night before the trip, or even during the trip? Plus, I'll have a 3 hour jet lag working against me. PHOOEY!!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

I have trouble sleeping for a few nights before the trip, but the night before is almost useless. Sometimes a couple of Ibuprofin before I go to bed helps. At least I am not "achy" when I first get up.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How many of you get insomnia the night before you are...

I usually fall asleep ok the night before a trip but can't stay asleep. I wake up in the middle of the night with the old mind racing and the adreniline pumping. I have finally in the past couple of years learned to sleep on the plane so that definitely helps. I usually can sleep 1 to 2 hours of the flight then I'm good to go when I get there.