We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using TR credits

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Using TR credits

I found this list on the TR website about using your TR credits, but these are just EXAMPLES, right? I've got about $19 and my husband has about $17, so we can use that $26 towards lunch at Mesa Grill, right? Do we just hand them our TR cards when it's time to pay our bill, or do we tell them when we're ordering? Do we have to go get a voucher or something first or just hand over the cards?

REWARD CREDITS REWARDS

1,000 $10 Food comp at Java Coast

2,500 $25 Food comp Serendipity 3

3,600 Breakfast for Two at Lago Buffet

4,000 $40 Drink Credit to PURE

4,500 1 Day pass to Qua Baths and Spa Boutique

5,000 $50 Food comp to Payard Patisserie & Bistro

6,000 $60 Food comp to Restaurant Guy Savoy

7,500 $75 Food comp to Mesa Grill

10,000 $100 Food comp to Rao’s

TX
Level Contributor
426 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using TR credits

I just used MLife and TR $ last month. I just gave them my rewards card when I got the bill and they swiped it and subtracted what I had on my card from the bill. I use TR at Flamingo buffet and Le Cafe at Paris. MLife was used at Monte Carlo buffet.

You can also charge to your room and before you check out have them apply any rewards you have to your balance. The only thing it can't be used for is tip.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using TR credits

Ok, that sounds even better, using it towards everything we charge to the room. So do you have to then go actually check out at the desk and hand them your cards then? (we usually just do express check-out). No going to the TR desk to get a voucher or anything first?

And ermmm...I meant to say $36, duh, I'm so bad at math, lol :)

PA
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using TR credits

You can either go to the front desk or call them on your room phone to check out and apply the comps.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using TR credits

Thanks. And to reiterate, just by charging the meals to your room, that automatically credits you with more points for those meals, correct?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using TR credits

The reason I ask is that when were in Reno, outside each restaurant was a machine that said "check your TR balance and use your credits" or something like that...I had never noticed them in Vegas, and wasn't sure if we had to "do" something first at a machine.

But calling to use them at the end sounds fine.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,064 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Using TR credits

I've noticed the small Mlife kiosk type things in a few of their properties. one in NYNY for sure.

Wondered if you can use then to ap;ly express comps against you bill, but when we tried to just take a look last visit, we couldn't log in through it?

Edited: 04 November 2011, 10:46
Orange, California
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Using TR credits

Some years back you had to use a kiosk and print a voucher for the restaurant of choice,(at Flamingo at least). Now it is just a matter of presenting your card to the wait staff.

I also recall checking off a box on the registration form to automatically deduct from my TR upon check out last August. The clerk must have forgot to input that info, did not work when I went to use the TV check out.

As long as the players card is used, any charges to the room will be reflected on your TR account. It usually takes a few days to show up in your points total after check out.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Using TR credits

It is always best to charge as much as possible to your room and then settle up with your points / comps at the end. This puts you in your maximum comp position and lets the desk staff see your total spend during your stay. The desk staff have a certain amount of leeway to provide you with additional comps / rewards upon check out.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Using TR credits

Actually, now that I have had some coffee. It's the tier score that will change to reflect your room charges a few days after check out. TR points should accumulate daily, from my experience.

Maybe Zeromus among others will chime in with specifics.

Pentwater, MI
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Using TR credits

I think everyone has it basically right. I just hand the card to the server or cashier and say "pay with my points if I have enough". Remember that the server does not get a tip from the use of points. The tip must be left in cash.