We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

Southeast Coast
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Topic
Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

Will be getting TV/Internt/Phone service hooked up at 2nd home is Vegas. Looking on internet Cox seems to be about the only option. Anyone with any experience with Cox or any other cable TV in Vegas? Would appreciate any info/imput. Thanks

New Mexico
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

You want cable or satellite options as well?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,808 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

Cox is ok for cable as far as I know that is your only Cable option. I used to have it for all of the years I lived there. Right now between friends and family that still live in the Valley its kind of split between Satellite (DirecTv, not so much Dish Network) and Cable. It just depends on your preference.

Southeast Coast
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

I definately prefer cable. Just waned to know if Cox was the only game in town for cable.

canada
Level Contributor
4,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

your going to vegas and your wondering about cable

hard to believe

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,808 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

Unless Im reading this wrong, The OP has a home that he appears to have newly acquired in Las Vegas and is inquiring about the cable service in the Valley, since he doesn't know the area.

I dont see anything about the OP going to Las VEgas as a tourist and wanting to know about cable.

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

gord: Once again, you make a comment without reading the post...The guy is getting cable, etc. for a second HOME in Las Vegas...You really think people that live in Vegas don't need to watch TV?

las vegas
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

Yes cox is our only cable company in town.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

I just signed up with Century Link for my internet and phone service for the new office I am opening in Vegas. I know they also offer TV, but I don't know if it is cable or other; I don't have TV in any of my offices.

In my home, I use Cox for both cable TV and internet.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

Once I got Directv I forgot I ever had cable. Every NFL, NBA (when there's a season) and MLB game and much more dependable than cable. My cable went out one New Years Day and we missed 2 1/2 games...

Edited: 05 November 2011, 00:08
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,808 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cable TV Options In Las Vegas...

Underpar I agree

I like DirecTv the best for the sports lineup, in addition to what you name the Fox Sports regional channels as well. I had DTV in my last house and was mad I didnt switch sooner than I did, except for the 1st weekend I had it it snowed in Seattle and I lost my signal, and had to climb a latter with a broom and remove the snow so I could watch the UCLS vs SC football game

But,

Now Im in a high rise condo downtown I want no part of that ugly dish on my balcony, even on my roof at my last house it was an eye sore but at least it was out of the way in my side yard.

So I have 2 viable choices. Cox Cable or U-verse.

I prefer U-verse but its missing one channel I cant live without The Mountain Network which is the Mountain West Conference's Network and alows me to watch most UNLV football and basketball games.