We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

probiotic drinks on the strip

east london
Level Contributor
182 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
probiotic drinks on the strip

Hi,

i suffer from IBS symptoms which are helped by drinking probiotic drinks with added l'casei..

as these drinks need to be kept in the fridge i cannot bring any with me, is there anywhere on the strip that i can buy them?

Also i am staying at the mirage and will need to keep them refrigerated, i have seen that the mirage charges you if you remove things from the fridge to put your own things in, is this true? if so, is there anyway that sells these drinks individually?

thanks for any help.

las vegas
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: probiotic drinks on the strip

Whole foods at town square definitely sells them.

victoria bc canada
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: probiotic drinks on the strip

A an OP advised you can buy this locally in Las Vegas.

As you are using this drink as medicinal ,you would be able to get a fridge at no cost at the hotels.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: probiotic drinks on the strip

Mirage will not charge to take a fridge up to your room. There are CVS pharmacy stores on the strip that sell that stuff. There is one inside the Paris in the Miracle Mile Shops.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: probiotic drinks on the strip

As you require a refrigerator for medicinal purposes, the hotel should provide you with a separate mini-fridge free of charge. Give Mirage a call ahead of your trip to request this rather than waiting until you check-in as availability may not then be guaranteed.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: probiotic drinks on the strip

"Also i am staying at the mirage and will need to keep them refrigerated, i have seen that the mirage charges you if you remove things from the fridge to put your own things in, is this true?"

You're confusing a "fridge" with a minibar. Some hotels have minibars in the room. They're full of lots of good stuff, usually at high prices. The minibar is there to sell you stuff. It's not a fridge for storing your own things.

If you need a fridge, you can ask for one at the front desk. Most hotels will not charge if it's for medical purposes.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: probiotic drinks on the strip

You are also not going to find many of the drinkable probiotics, its going to be mostly pill form so you may not have to worry about a fridge. If you dont get a fridge you can always fill the ice bucket and keep them in that or go and get a cheap foam cooler and use the ice from the machine to keep them cool.

east london
Level Contributor
182 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: probiotic drinks on the strip

Thanks for all your replies and help. i will give CVS a try when we arrive.

Also i am not confusing a fridge with anything, i know the use of a fridge, i.e. to keep things cold, exactly what i want to use it for.

Thanks to everyone else.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: probiotic drinks on the strip

If you can't find exactly what you need, would acidophilus gel caps work instead? Also, to get what you really want a place like Whole Foods would be a much better place to get exactly what you need rather than CVS. Try CVS first though since you can walk to it, would need transport to get you to Whole Foods.

Edited: 04 November 2011, 23:45
east london
Level Contributor
182 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: probiotic drinks on the strip

hi gabby,

to be honest, i'm not really sure i've only ever used the probiotic yoghurt drinks as they have worked. i will have to look into the alternatives as the yoghurts dont seem widely available on the net either.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: probiotic drinks on the strip

I don't have IBS, but at present have some other 'issues' and the dr recommended the acidophilus tablets/gelcaps. Look for them in your local pharmacy and read the labels. Mine are by a company named Health Aid. It's convenient to carry a few in my handbag for use when I'm not at home.