We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping for larger sizes

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
shopping for larger sizes

Hi all,

Heading to Las Vegas in the new year and would like to find shops that cater for larger sized ladies. I am between a 22/24 Australian size. Any suggestions?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping for larger sizes

I believe there are a couple of Catherines in Las Vegas.

http://catherines.lanebryant.com/

And there is a Coldwater Creek in Fashion Show Mall

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/

Diamond Bar...
Level Contributor
783 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping for larger sizes

Nordstrom's in Fashion Show Mall.

Arizona
Level Contributor
180 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping for larger sizes

According to my sister, Dillards in the Fashion Show Mall has a great "Plus Size" department.

Australia
Level Contributor
449 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping for larger sizes

There is a factory outlet shopping centre at the south end of the strip, just take the deuce bus to it. If your "cup runeth over" there is an excellent bra shop there that sells bras that in Australia cost $90- 120 per piece for a quarter of the price.

premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp…

The also have a Lane Bryant outlet.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping for larger sizes

lanebryant.com/plus-size-shops/…index.cat

Australia
Level Contributor
449 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping for larger sizes

Plus all of these malls will have something for the larger figure.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k492456…

Walla Walla...
Level Contributor
340 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping for larger sizes

Amen to the previous posts!!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
804 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: shopping for larger sizes

Most department stores have plus size areas. Fashion Show Mall has four cornerstone department stores. Macy's usually is the cheapest.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shopping for larger sizes

Catherines can be a bit hit and miss as many of their items are heavily patterned (not my cup of tea) and caters for mainly the 50+ market (in my opinion - I'm 43). But having said that, I have bought loads from there over the years but you have to look for the good and ignore the bad! Depending on your age, Fashion Bug is worth a look (a bit younger than Catherines). I've also just come across a shop called Avenue. There are 3 in the Vegas area and will be heading to one of them during my holiday next month!

My recommendation would be to pre-select which shops suit your style by checking their websites before you get to Vegas, then you won't be wasting valuable Vegas time. Also check their size charts so you are sure they stock your size.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
209 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shopping for larger sizes

there is a decent sized plus sized department in forever 21 in fashion show mall. i also visit boulevard mall (we always take a taxi) and there a big lane bryant (not outlet) and a torrid (trendy plus sized clothes)