We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

I've heard that the prizes range from $5 in free play up to $500 in free play with buffet and spa passes mixed in. If you had to guess, what are the odds of getting the $500 or other large free play amount? (about how many spaces are on the wheel, and how many are large amounts?)

Just trying to decide if we should make a special trip to Cosmo to try this promotion out. (if we're not in the area during our trip)

Any details on your experiences are appreciated. Thanks!

oswego,ny
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

i got 10$ free play- dh got a wicked spoon buffet(must be used within 7 days) we stood and watched at least 30 people no one did better than us while we were watching-but they brag all kinds of great wins!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

I'd say there's probably 100 spaces on the wheel. One of which is the $500. I was one notch away from it on our trip... The rest, I believe, are $5.00fp, $10.00fp, and the spa / buffet passes. Obviously there are more $5 dollar spots than anything... But the spa pass really threw me off I'd say it would be the only thing not everyone would be pleased with. Its worth it if you're there.

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

There are a lot of spaces of the wheel (if I had to guess I'd say about 200.. However, my husband was lucky enough to get the $500 free play. He was able to keep whatever he won and that was about $350. I only got $5. The next day we were eligible for the lose $100 and get $100 free play back. The Cosmopolitan is a gorgeous hotel and it's worth it just to see The Chandelier Bar.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

I was going to guess that there are about 25-30 spaces on the wheel. Both my husband and I landed on 10$ FP. It's a big wheel though.

After every spin, the 'spinner' moves it back to start at the 500$ FP mark. Can't help but think they step on a button on the floor to keep you from winning anything good, lol.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

So it's somewhere between 25 and 200 spaces! Ha.

I guess it's free, so it's probably worth checking out. Thanks.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

Lol wow.... were we all in the same place??

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,033 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

FWIW, I don't think I would make a special trip to the Cosmo just for this promotion alone.

However, I do think it would be worth the trip just to see the Cosmo itself. My mom and I visited there a couple weeks ago just to check the place out. My mom fell in love with the place, and it is making her want to come back to Vegas again someday. (This was her first trip to Vegas) While we were there, I signed up for the Identity card, and chose to take the $10 FP, since I wasn't interested in the WS Buffet or Spa prizes. My mom didn't want to sign up, and I didn't want to force her either. I took the $10 FP and made almost $9. Not a big win, but it was free money, and we got to experience a great property! And now my mom is hooked on Vegas, thanks to this visit. All wins in my book!!!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

So we have from 35 spaces to 200 spaces? Thats a big spread.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,033 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

Maybe they have different wheels, depending on the time of day.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: For those who have "spun the wheel" at the Cosmo

Naw. I think I was concentrating so hard on landing on the 500$ FP space that I tuned everything else out. After all was said and done, I was happy that I at least got the 10$, and not the five. The others are probably right. [I don't pay attention to things like that--too busy criticizing what others are wearing ;)]