We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrah's Deluxe Room?

Pear Valley, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Harrah's Deluxe Room?

Is it worth upgrading from a deluxe? Also, what tower is the best, less noisy, and or have a balcony? Thx

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,590 Reviews
from US$399.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,066 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
392 Reviews
from US$499.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam Helicopter...
579 Reviews
from US$369.99*
1. Re: Harrah's Deluxe Room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2011, 13:46
Pentwater, MI
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrah's Deluxe Room?

Pay no attention to BB33...

The Deluxe room is a renovated standard size room in the Mardi Gras tower.

It is more comfortable with upgraded pillow top bed, flat screen tv (including a small one in the bathroom) and granite counter-top. Definitely nicer, but whether it is worth paying extra depends on the amount and whether you feel the upgrade is necessary. I have always felt the standard rooms were more than adequate and comfortable.

If you stay in the Mardi Gras tower, you can be subject to noise from the Carnaval Court entertainment late into the night. Ask for a high floor and a room away from the Court unless you don't care about the noise. View is typically not a factor in the Deluxe rooms as they charge more for that as a "Luxury" room.

Pear Valley, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrah's Deluxe Room?

Thanks OSU. Black jack, don't think I will be swimming, but I would like to hit the hot tub with a 32 oz. coke and captain.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,601 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harrah's Deluxe Room?

We didn't really notice a difference between our "deluxe" & "luxury" room as far as decor or amenities--both nicely done.

DO request a room NOT facing Carnival Court. (tho be prepared for NO view) My first stay at Harrahs, I could hear the lyrics through a closed door, earplugs, pillow over my head & a few cocktails!!! They go until 3AM...Luckily I am a night owl!

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harrah's Deluxe Room?

We were in what must have been a "regular" room in the Carnaval Tower in October. It was near the back of the hotel. Clean, quiet, and much nicer than I expected it might be.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harrah's Deluxe Room?

Over the summer, I had a week comped for a "classic" room. When I arrived, I had the option of paying $15 extra per night for a "luxury" room and was so glad I did. It was a renovated high floor in Carnival Tower overlooking the Mirage volcano.

Menifee CA
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harrah's Deluxe Room?

We always ask for Carnival Tower high floor. The last 2 rooms were very nice with a view of the volcano. Room #2857 was nice.

Level Contributor
34 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harrah's Deluxe Room?

Just returned from Harrahs and stayed in Mardi Gras 2168....no CC noise and beautiful room with separate bedroom...don't know the classification (luxury/stardard/suite) but felt the $$ spent were well worth our stay, good luck.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harrah's Deluxe Room?

We've stayed in one of those rooms on the Carnival Court side. It was fine as far as noise goes, but it was up high and down by the swimming pool. I think it you are pretty far away from that action you will be fine. The rooms we've had down there have the tiny balconies.

Level Contributor
1,823 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harrah's Deluxe Room?

Their room description changed a few months ago to say that the Deluxe is non smoking only now. Good thing for those who don't care for a room that smells like smoke...bad thing if you are a smoker. Didn't use to say that so thought I would pass it along.