We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earl of Sandwich

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,198 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Earl of Sandwich

I'm admittedly not much of a sandwich person. It has to be really GREAT (quality meat, unusual combinations) to get me excited.

A lot of people love this place, is it because it's inexpensive and fast, or is it really good?

I looked up the locations to see if there was someplace else to try it without wasting a Vegas meal, and I was really shocked how relatively few outlets they had.

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,630 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,114 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
404 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Boston
Level Contributor
24,645 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earl of Sandwich

price and speed of service, but the sandwich is decent, fast food chain.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earl of Sandwich

Really great??? No. But vastly better than something like Subway or Quiznos.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Earl of Sandwich

I thought it was good. Toasting the bread makes the sandwich so much better imo.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Earl of Sandwich

I think it is more about it being the right food at the right time. I get so caught up in "Vegas" that I'm usually several hours past hungry by the time I eat. I tried the place out on my last trip and the Italian sub I had was so good I could have sang a song about it. Right there in the cafe. Loudly and proudly I don't know if it was the sandwich or the moment. I'm going to try it again on my next visit to see if it holds up to the memory.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,198 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earl of Sandwich

Don't like Subway, do like Quizno's.

How does it compare to a supposedly more upscale sandwich place like 'wichcraft (where I've never been either).

Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Earl of Sandwich

I like to think that I'm a sandwich connoisseur and I liked Earl of Sandwich. I don't think it lived up to the hype it gets in some quarters but if you want a hot sandwich at a good price it's worth stopping off. My wife had their soup and said it was quite good as well.

I was expecting more of a sit down type establishment, not the fast food counter that it is, so I was a little disappointed by the atmosphere and the actually eating space of the restaurant was a disaster area (this was the Planet Hollywood location).

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,309 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Earl of Sandwich

We stayed at PH in July, and upon our return late one night, my wife was a little hungry, but I wasn't. So, we got her a sandwich and took it back to the room. Very convenient and reasonably priced, and she really liked the sandwich. Don't know if we'd go out of our way, but it fit the need right then.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,452 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Earl of Sandwich

Warm, if you don't like Subway, but do like Quiznos, you WILL like the Earl of Sandwich. I won't waste a Vegas "meal" on it, but it's a good place to grab a bite in the middle of the day when you had a big breakfast and are looking forward to a nice dinner, but need to eat something.

I find the service SLOW, but the sandwiches are always fresh and tasty. And I prefer to not eat them there. The seating there may as well be Subway.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Earl of Sandwich

Warmwinds- I have eaten at 'wichcraft twice and don't feel any love for it. It was just average. Only ate there the second time because I was hungry and didnt want "fast" food.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
834 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Earl of Sandwich

They have a great vegetarian sandwich there. The space is a little crowded and it is a fast-food counter, but you could do much worse for a quick bite.