We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Hotel question

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
121 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Hotel question

Hey there, Im looking for advice for a one night stay downtown. I have never stayed downtown before, but we want to do our last night on our January trip DT.

I know GN is by far the swankiest (LOL) downtown hotel, but price for the hotel is coming up at $100 a night, where as all the other hotels DT are coming up between $25 and $45 a night. sheesh we are paying $60 a night at PH our first night

does GN ever go lower than that?

what are the other Freemont street hotels like? My friend is afraid of roaches ( LOLJK) at the others.

What is YOUR favorite freemont street hotel?

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Hotel question

We stayed for a Saturday night at The Fremont hotel this summer. The rooms are totally redone and spotless. Fresh carpets and linens and great water pressure. The room was small but very nice. I'm a strip girl at heart but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Hotel question

If the GN is $100 a night, it must be a Fri or Sat night? For just one night, it won't likely matter too much where you stay. The GN is by far my favorite DT because of the beds. My second choice would be the Cabana Suites at ElCortez, but it isn't the place many would like because of the location.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,451 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Hotel question

" What is YOUR favorite freemont street hotel? "

None, but if I was forced to stay DT in would be GN.

Level Contributor
3,510 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Hotel question

It would help if you would give us the date you are planning on staying. Having stayed at the GN multiple times, I am assuming that either the night you are considering is a Friday or Saturday, or a holiday or major Vegas event date. Looking at the January rates for the GN, Fri and Sat rates are between $99 and $119. Sun - Thur rates are between $45 and $139 (2nd week of Jan is expensive, must be a big convention week - average rooms are $45 - $59). All rates quoted are for Carson tower.

I have also stayed at 4 Queens, Fremont, and El Cortez. All had good, comfortable, clean rooms. I would not hesitate to stay in any of these again.

Elkhart, Indiana
Level Contributor
173 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Hotel question

El Cortez is a nice hotel and very reasonable. Especially the Cabana Suites. Worth a look. It's a short block walk to the Fremont Street Experience. My other favorite is Golden Gate. Again, very reasonable prices. If you get a room that overlooks Fremont Street it can be loud, but the windows open up and you get a great view. The rooms are smaller, so don't expect much free space. Those are the two places I stayed recently. Golden Gate was a repeat visit and El Cortez was my first time. I would recommend both and would gladly stay at both again.

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Hotel question

Must be looking at Fri/Sat nights or during some event. Have seen GN rates as low as the $30s. For a first stay downtown, I'd recommend the Nugget. You get what you pay for, except at the buffet.

Still, I don't think the Nugget Carson Tower rooms are that much nicer than the Tower rooms at El Co though my preference is the Vintage room which you can get from $25 - $60 depending on the night.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown Hotel question

El Cortez Cabana Suites or Main Street Station.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown Hotel question

I have stayed at Golden Gate, Vegas Club, and Fitzgerald's and have never seen a cockroach. I'm sure the hotels must spray anyways. For one night, I would just book any of the downtown hotels. How much time will you spend in the room anyways?

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown Hotel question

I'd stay at the newly renovated Plaza. Very reasonable rates and all the rooms have new furniture and all of the new restaurants will open then.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Downtown Hotel question

My favourite downtown hotel is Main Street Station. Not quite on Fremont, but close enough. :)