We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LV Hotels getting into the Christmas spirit

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY, NY
Level Contributor
239 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
LV Hotels getting into the Christmas spirit

Hi everyone, will be in Vegas in 11 days! First time going during the Christmas season.

Which hotels (on and off strip) do the best job with Christmas decorating? I'd imagine Bellagio is one of them but would love to know suggestions for other places to visit.

Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: LV Hotels getting into the Christmas spirit

Palazzo has the winter in venice which everyone says is beautiful we are going in 18 days so cant wait to be there!

Lost Wages
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LV Hotels getting into the Christmas spirit

You cannot say the C word in Vegas or the C police will lock you up.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LV Hotels getting into the Christmas spirit

Definitely the Bellagio conservatory and the fountains (with Christmas music). The Palazzo always has nice indoor decorations and this year the Venetian has added an outdoor display with an ice skating rink. The M Resort claims to have the the biggest outdoor Christmas tree. Freemont Street (downtown) has its own tree, decorations and tree lighting ceremony.

Two of my favorite displays are off strip. Sam's Town does a fantastic job of decorating its indoor park- even putting little Santa hats on the "animals" and tweaking its laser show to give it a Christmas twist. Its trees are covered with lights and it plays traditional Christmas music 24/7. This year they have said that they made it even bigger and better. They do have a free shuttle from downtown and from the strip (look at their website).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrYApOWSBVY

If you have a car- Ethel M Cactus Garden puts hundreds of thousands of lights on its cacti and it looks beautiful at night. You can buy glasses that make the lights turn into Christmas stars. Santa and carolers usually appear on week-ends. It is defintely worth a visit if you can get there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V3vVkgeMNk

You can keep checking this site for more ideas:

lasvegas-how-to.com/christmas-in-las-vegas.p…

Ellesmere Port...
Level Contributor
446 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LV Hotels getting into the Christmas spirit

I was slightly let down by the Palazzo/Venetian christmas display. The ice skating rink was only very small and the tree , despite being large, seems a bit isolated.

Still a lovely resort though!

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LV Hotels getting into the Christmas spirit

I thought the display at the Venetian was lovely especially at night. The tree changes colors, the snowflake lights on the facade of the building, overall the decor was perfect IMO. I also noticed many more decorations than ever before at this time of year. Not too much, just enough to give a feeling of Christmas.

NY, NY
Level Contributor
239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LV Hotels getting into the Christmas spirit

Thanks, everyone. VP03--that's exactly the type of information I was looking for! Will have a car so can get off-strip.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LV Hotels getting into the Christmas spirit

Since you have a car, consider checking out the Magical Forest at Opportunity Village.

www.opportunityvillage.org/magical_forest.php

Or the floating ice rink at Lake Las Vegas.

montelagovillage.com/events-activities/…

kelowna
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: LV Hotels getting into the Christmas spirit

I always get so Ba Humbug this time of year, so hoping the Christmas lights of Vegas will get me into the spirit.

9. Re: LV Hotels getting into the Christmas spirit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2012, 10:20