We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One last tipping question

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
One last tipping question

Seems like I am tipping just about every single person who is in the service industry that does anything for me lol.

How much is an appropriate tip for the slot attendant who watches your slot machine when you leave for a restroom break?

If this has been asked before, I missed it.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One last tipping question

Darn tootin'! Unless she sneaks a spin in and hits a bonus and then disappears. Then I have to call "friends of ours" to give her lessons in manners.

Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One last tipping question

LOL Breeze, but HOW MUCH? A buck, five bucks?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One last tipping question

I hand out a buck for everything.

canada
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One last tipping question

goldengreek

where are all those slot players,usually they pounce on any question regarding slots

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,669 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One last tipping question

The only thing I tip a dollar for anymore is the taxi guy. For a slot attendant to watch my seat, I'd probably go with the $3-$5 range. More towards the $5 if I'm winning. Or drunk.:)

But usually I'm playing at a video poker bar and I'm already taking care of the bartender so I don't leave anything specific for him when I take a quick break. And most bartenders these days will tell you to take your credits off the machine when you walk away even for a minute - they can't be responsible for them.

I guess it's different if you're "hiring" a slot attendant to watch your machine, but in these days of TITO I'd still take my credits with me.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One last tipping question

Get a large pickle jar, preferably one with a lid. You'll never have to leave the machine, unless it's a #1, in which case you are SOL.

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,593 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One last tipping question

I just gotta crack up at paying someone to hold your slot for you while you take a restroom break !! I just never heard that anyone did that. LOL

Why not just cash out and then come back ? Are you afraid someone is going to win on it while you are gone ? Or what ? Even if someone else does win you wont win if you are not there at that absolute instant in time.

I'm not sniping, I'm just curious as to the thinking here.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One last tipping question

Sounds like you are bored !

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One last tipping question

Sounds like he has to take a leak but no one is around to watch his computer.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: One last tipping question

I only did this once while in Reno about 14 yrs ago. I think I tipped the attendant $2-3. It seems very rare to see anyone do this much anymore.