We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas - Cirque comparison

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Vegas - Cirque comparison

Which show is best between Mystere, KA & O?

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas - Cirque comparison

3 very different shows- -which is better, blue, red or yellow?

Mystere - Closest to the original traveling Cirque shows upon which their reputation is built.

Ka - Spectacular set. Has a storyline.

O - A water show.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas - Cirque comparison

They are all GREAT. You can't go wrong with any of them. My preference but it's close

O

KA

Mystere

I highly suggest LOVE too.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas - Cirque comparison

My favorite Crique shows are Love (emphasis on the music) and Mystere.

O- I thought it was just o.k., nothing more. I liked Le Reve (a Cirque-like water show) much, much more. I would recommend Le Reve over O.

Ka- I didn't like it at all. The stage was great, but the show itself didn't hold my interest.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas - Cirque comparison

It's hard to compare them, because they are so different. It all comes down to personal preference.

My favorite is Mystere (I have seen it 4 times), and I highly recommend it if you have never seen a Cirque show. It is the most Cirque-like of the shows you have listed and is full of feats of strength, humor, balancing and trampoline acts...many WOW moments.

For my second favorite, I would probably give O a slight edge over KA. O is water-based. KA is an engineering marvel and is staged around a floor that tilts and becomes vertical.

No matter which show you choose, you are sure to be awed and entertained!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas - Cirque comparison

well I like musical but not really nuts about it - wanted to really experience and see Zumanity but it is sold out for this coming weekend so my choices are Ka, Mystere

so my next question is I am getting tickets all the way in back - does it make a difference? I mean can you see properly from the back on upper sections?

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas - Cirque comparison

All seats in the theaters are great. I have seen the shows from the center of the front row, the middle of the theater, towards the top, etc. Each gives a different perspective, but all are great. Look for discounts here: cirquedusoleil.com/en/destinations/las-vegas… Also, sign up to receive special CDS offers at: cirquedusoleil.com/en/destinations/las-vegas…

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas - Cirque comparison

I have seen Mystere (twice), O, and KA. I have also seen about 8 traveling shows.

Mystere is still one of my favorites, O was unique to Vegas with the water and it was good, and KA I did not like at all and was one of the worst ones, in my opinion, that I have seen.

I like the acrobatic elements of Cirque and Mystere concentrates on the acrobatics more than the others. A lot of people like Love due to its concentration on the music. Some probably like KA due to the storyline and stage.

So it depends what you are looking for when going to a Cirque show but for me Mystere has my vote hands down.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas - Cirque comparison

I've seen 13 when you count touring and Vegas. It is asking favorite color.

1st- my opinion Zumanity is the worst I've seen. Not sexy, not funny- like a bad Benny Hill show; and sorry to Mr. Hill.

My #1 fav is KA. storyline easy to follow, great action & costumes; and a stage that has to be seen. But, Mystere is my 3rd fav- and it's the one I say anyone should go to as their first show. It's what a Cirque show is originally based on and most like touring shows. You could see them both- and see 2 completely different types of shows

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
689 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegas - Cirque comparison

I loved O best of the shows I have seen, then Ka for the amazing moving scenery and acrobatics. Love was wonderful and then Mystere.

I have booked to see Elvis on this trip and may see Zumanity if I can get a half price ticket.

My experience is that you don't have to sit that close to the stage for any of the shows, in fact sometimes it's better if you are a little way back from the stage so you can see everything at the same time

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegas - Cirque comparison

I've seen all 3 and would rank them:

1. KA

2. Mystere

3. O

My favorite is Love, and I'd put LeReve above Mystere and below KA although Le Reve isn't technically a Cirque production, but is the same concept.

It's really such a matter of personal preference and expectation. They all have very different emphases and points of view. KA was the most technically spectacular to me of the 3 listed from a staging standpoint. Mystere perhaps the most intimate and charming, and O was quite lyrical and beautiful. I do think part of the lack of effect on me in regard to O is that I had a fairly poor seat in the partial obstructed view section. Still, it was an entertaining show.