We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

Little Rock, AR
14 posts
Save Topic
Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

Hey, some of my friends and I are staying at the Stratosphere over spring break (March 19-23) I was just curious if it's a good hotel or not?? Anyone have any comments about it?? Suggestions? Whatever you have to say would be great thanks!

Little Rock, AR
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

bump

Texas
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

I stayed there a couple years ago. I found the hotel itself to be sufficient and clean. I don't really recall the details of the rooms, but I consider that a positive in itself. We stayed there because it was cheap. The problem for us was that we spent most of our time away from the Strat...and the cab fares killed us. We easily spent more on transportation than we would have on a room somewhere in center strip. Anywhere we went was $20, no matter what.

It really depends on what you like to do, but I think the property is lacking in activities and restaurants. Once you have gone to the observation deck, ridden the rides, and eaten in the restaurant, you have done it all. You could do all those things in one day. I, personally, would recommend somewhere closer to the action for a little more $$.

Just my .02. Hope it helps.

Spring Valley, CA
Level Contributor
602 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

I personally don't like the Strat, you asked and that is my opinion.

Radford, VA
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

Nice place to visit while in Vegas, but I would not want to stay there. I love playing the slots there, I have always had good luck, but unless you are just planning on hanging around that hotel the whole time, I would not recommend it. When you are at the other hotels, like the Wynn, that area, it looks like the Stratosphere is really close, but things out there always look close...if it looks like it is a block away, it is usually about a mile away!

Little Rock, AR
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

So you can't walk to the strip from the Stratosphere? Is it really far? We're just concerned with laying out, gambling some, and going out at night... So being in walking distance would be really nice, as we don't want to spend tons on cabs. Though split 4 ways 5.00 isn't too bad.

Idaho
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

I hear the bus is a pretty good alternative to cabs... or even the trolley, although very slow. I am staying at the Strat. March 24-26 and got a great deal... who actually stays in the room that much anyway?

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

The real decision is not how much time you spend in the room..it is how much cab fare you want to pay to visit the strip..because the STRAT. is so far away from everything....the duece is only 2 bucks, but that can get old in a hurry and it takes forever..taxis can get expensive..There must be some hotels closer to the strip that you could afford...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

We had a car, we thought the strat was just fine, it was out of the way for sure, but, you could easily keep yourself occupied there gambling, having dinner upstairs, doing the rides, hitting the pool and doing your laundry while you are there :)

It worked for us, but, we only stayed there two of our seven days and did have the vehicle to get around.

The rooms are clean and not terribly worn we found.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

It's definitely not the nicest on the strip but I think for the price it's ok. If you're just looking for a place to sleep and will be spending all your other time cruisin' the strip then I think it's a cool place to stay.

The down side to it is that it's so far away from everything. I've been to vegas 3 times and found that each time I spent the majority of my vacation in the middle of the strip (bellagio, caesars, mirage, TI, aladdin, paris, monte carlo [great place to stay for fairly cheap!], etc).

Level Contributor
2,159 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Stratosphere... Good or Bad??

Anybody that wants to stay at the Strat and go to the strip needs to have their collective heads examined.

If you're just staying for a couple of days, that's alright (assuming you got a cheap room, there is enough to do there if you are gambling and don't care much about anything else.)

Otherwise it's a PIA.