We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurant for birthday dinner

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
245 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Best restaurant for birthday dinner

First of all, thanks to all for helping with my question re: which suite to book at the Bellagio for our upcoming visit in late January. I ended up deciding on the Penthouse Suite b/c at least we will be on a high floor and the view is guaranteed, whereas I was told if I book the Cypress Suite, I may get a lower floor and then we would not be able to really enjoy the fountain show; instead, we would see the rooftop of restaurants. And since we do not get to Vegas until late Thursday night, by then, the higher floors for the Cypress Suites may already have been taken (since I was told they are first come, first served) so we are just going to stick with the Penthouse Suite.

So, now to my next question. This trip is for hubby's birthday. It's not a milestone birthday (42nd) but we will be in Vegas on our own, which means NO KIDS. And since we have three kids - including a 15-month-old who can't sit still for meals these days - this trip will be quite the treat for us. So we want to eat at some nice places for dinner the four nights we are in Vegas (no need for kids menus - yay!)), and of course, for hubby's birthday. We don't want a place that is too loud or bawdy with birthday greetings, but rather someplace discreet, where they will recognize one's birthday but not make a show out of it. I asked hubby last night what kind of food he would like on his birthday and, of course, like a man, he said, "I don't care." :) But I know his favorite is seafood, and he actually is the type to eat pretty much anything (he is European and they will pretty eat anything that moves).

A little bit about us and our pallates .... We are not extreme foodies (read: not food snobs, haha), but we do enjoy a good meal, to include not only good food, but also excellent service. We are pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new food, having traveled throughout Europe and Asia extensively and so are no strangers to "weird" offerings that may not be typical western fare. However, we also enjoy a good ol' steak and other American offerings. I am not a wine drinker, but will probably have a cocktail or two, and hubby will most likely have cocktail and then some wine or beer with dinner. For our trip, I am guessing we will spend @ $200 for each dinner, but for the birthday dinner, I am certainly expecting to spend more.

So, any suggestions for a memorable birthday meal in an adult atmosphere, where both food and service are top-notch? Did I mention that we will have NO KIDS on this trip? I am quite excited about that ... :)

Thanks!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restaurant for birthday dinner

There really aren't many top seafood restaurants in Las Vegas for obvious reasons. My top choice would be RM Seafood at Mandalay Bay. I will highly recommend what they call clam chowder, although don't expect a traditional chowder.

seattle
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restaurant for birthday dinner

We had a very memorable 20th anniversary dinner @ Picasso a few years ago in the Bellagio. The room is gorgeous, very adult, serene excellent food and service. Very hushed.

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best restaurant for birthday dinner

You will probably get a variety of opinions on this so I'll just give a web site for suggestions and ratings of restaurnants

http://www.lasvegasrestaurants.com/top10.cfm

Edited: 27 December 2011, 20:30
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
662 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best restaurant for birthday dinner

Its not for everyone but take a look at Bartolotta at the Wynn and see if that fits your criteria. Was one of the better meals I've had in a long time!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
245 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best restaurant for birthday dinner

Thanks to all, and to chico for the link. I had checked out that site previously and it was indeed helpful. FWIW, I have decided on Joel Roubuchon for hubby's birthday meal. And I also went ahead and switched to the Cypress Suite at the Bellagio since if you book the Romance Retreat Package, a higher-floor room will be reserved for you. So hopefully, everything will turn out fine!

Thanks again!

6. Re: Best restaurant for birthday dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2013, 10:18