We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
7 posts
Save Topic
Spending money

Hi, my girlfriend and I are visiting Vegas next march for 1 week and were wondering how many dollars to take as a comfortable amount. Not planning on over extravagance, but equally wanna enjoy & dont wanna scrimp and save. Any suggestions?

London, United...
Level Contributor
657 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money

That is a question which is virtually impossible to answer, especially given the lack of information from you.

However, be prepared for a variety of (mostly helpful) replies.

Whatever the outcome - enjoy your trip.

england
Level Contributor
402 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money

mine arrived today, $3000 for 5 days

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money

Take what you are comfortable with. Budget that amount and enjoy. That is the beauty of a Vegas trip, it can be done on almost any budget.

Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money

impossible question to answer. 200 dollars a day for some is enough. 10,000 dollars a day for others is not enough.

canada
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money

i agree with goldengreeke and have lost that many a time in a day

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money

I think you should budget by the TRIP not by the DAY. Some days we spend practically nothing, lounging by the pool and grabbing casual bites for meals. Other days may includes shows or expensive meals.

Try and set a budget for your trip and possibly make adjustments along the way. If you decide there is a show that you just have to see indulge, and then maybe switch a meal or two from fine dining to casual to balance it out.

I gave a friend a copy of my last Trip report, which included a lot of events some expensive and some very cheap. After reading it her 1st comment was "You actually spent $150 for a buffet?" Yes, but it wasn't an everyday occurance, lol.

Malibu
Level Contributor
10,930 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending money

All of it. How big is a ball of string?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending money

I would budget $200 a day!!!

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending money

Since you posted this already and I gave this same answer

Ex: of how it varies. Last trip did some spoiling of wife. 4 days. Had flowers twice- $100 each. She did 2 spa's, one was couple with me. Couple was $400- hers $150. Had a buy $300 save $100 coupon for Coach- so spent just about $300. one nice meal- $200. Saw Mystere & KA- sat front row full price tickets for both- $300 each show, and had a combined budget of $300 a day to gamble. Did the prestige package at palazzo- $300 extra on the hotel room bill.

NONE of those figures apply to the trip we took previous.

So there's $3,350 you can include or delete depending on what your plans are

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending money

We usually do our gambling budget by the day and put it in separate envelopes. If it is gone per day, it is gone. We decide and pre-pay a show, usually have comped rooms and have a general idea of food... one special expensive meal and the rest more reasonable. It varies so much what people spend. There are many coupon options to save and many free sights to see. There is a lot of info on this forum to do budget type trips. As everyone has said, to give specific advice you need to give more information