We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is showtickets.com reliable

Monterrey NL
Level Contributor
63 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Is showtickets.com reliable

Hi!! want to purchase tickets for shows, found a good deal at this web page, I wouldnt like to lose my money, so can you tell me if I can trust this web page?

Hola!! no quisiera ser estafada, saben si se puede confiar en esta pagina de internet?

Gracias!!

Thanks a lot!!

44 replies to this topic
Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is showtickets.com reliable

I have never used them. I used halfpriceshows.com once, and I didn't have any problems. You get a number that you take to the box office the day of the show, and ticket up your tickets. Don't know about the other site.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is showtickets.com reliable

I've never used them, so I can't vouch for their reliability. However, I can recommend two companies, travelzoo and goldstar. I have used them many times for discounts on Las Vegas shows.

Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is showtickets.com reliable

i would say NO. I've worked in customer service 12 years in NV and know that it is really not difficult to listen to a customer and evaluate their situations on a one on one basis. This company does exactly the contrary!!! My parents were in town from out of the country and i needed a "more visual"show so I googled "Vegas!the show" and got to showtickets.com website. I was led to think I was getting Vegas the show but I ended up buying tickets for another show instead. 2 hours later I called and spoke to Scott (manager in customer service) who told me that they couldn't issue a refund unless the Show company approved it. I went to Planet Hollywood and the manager last name Nunez approved it with no objection (he listened and understood), he told me to go to show tickets.com desk and tell the guy to apply the credit to my show, there i found a really disrespectful guy by the name of David, he told me that "all sales are final and it was my fault I got the wrong tickets and even If someone was ...

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is showtickets.com reliable

DO NOT BUY YOUR TICKETS FROM SHOWTICKETS.COM! All sales are final, no refunds. You never know when something will happen, and Vegas show tickets are a big expense. My husband and I had planned on driving across the US from CA to our new home in FL and Vegas was one of the stops- however I fell ill in the days leading up to our trip and we had to fly instead. When I called this company to explain my situation, I was told that there are no exceptions, just as I suspected. Over $300 down the drain.

We're making sure all of our friends who go to Vegas know not to use this company. If anything happens, you are more likely get a refund by purchasing tickets directly through the venue! If we had bought them through the Bellagio, they would have been refundable.

I google searched for tickets to the show we wanted, showtickets.com came up first and I didn't notice it was a third party site. Bottom line, always check the refund policy before purchasing, and things happen- so don't use a company like this.

Edited: 01 July 2012, 13:29
riverside
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is showtickets.com reliable

NO They are not. Do not purchase from them. We bought tickets for a show on a certain date and then received a confirmation with a different date. We called them to point this mistake out and were told basically to screw off. They are not worth saving 10 percent. We are now out 187.00 due to having tickets for a show that we will not be in town for.

Miami, FL
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Is showtickets.com reliable

No, I wish I would have read this before. My wife got food poisoning on the day of the show. I was suppose to see the David Copperfield show and missed it. When I arrived the next day at MGM, the receptionist advised me there are circumstances that they can help me with and this is one of them. However, because I purchased through a third party (showtickets.com). I had to go through them. I spoke to Scott, manager, he was very rude. The second he got on the phone he was saying there is nothing that can be done and then just hung up the phone on me. What a surprise that he has done this before. I ended up purchasing the tickets again at MGM. I called today and they do not even have a complaint file online. So don't do it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is showtickets.com reliable

NO.... just had a horrific experience dealing with them yesterday and today. I bought 5 tickets yesterday to Penn and Teller and one in my party got sick yesterday afternoon. Called them and talked to 3 supervisors, amy and miranda were 2 of them. Could not have been more rude and robotic. All sales are final and non-exchangable. I only wanted to change date from last night until tonight and they were like dealing with the govt. I will never use them again and hopefully no one else does. Unfortunately I bought the most expensive tickets and lost $350 because we only used 2. Maybe the worse customer service I have ever dealt with in my entire life.....and that is saying something!

Carlsbad CA
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is showtickets.com reliable

"DO NOT BUY YOUR TICKETS FROM SHOWTICKETS.COM! All sales are final, no refunds"

They may suck, but I believe this is true of almost all show tickets, even the ones that you get from the venue's box office.

Corte Madera...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Is showtickets.com reliable

Buyer beware! You buy tickets as non-refundable and non-transferrable. Complete forfeit if you are unable to attend as planned. You cannot even try to re-sell the ticket, as you must pick up in person with valid ID and you cannot change the pickup person's name. We're out $250 after my husband's work schedule changed and we had to cancel our plans.

Orlando, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Is showtickets.com reliable

I was lied to by a rep from this company. I called the customer service number and was told that if I purchased tickets to Blue Man Group in Orlando that since the seats were Best Available, I would find out at the box office which seats they were. I asked if I could go to the box office and pick them up ahead of time and if they would be best available at the time of pick up and was told "yes". So I purchased two online. However, when I got the purchase confirmation email the seats were already assigned, row D 40 & 41, the two seats closest to the wall on the far right. I immediately called customer service again and was told basically "too bad... the person you spoke with was wrong and you're stuck with those seats". The person could have cared less, very cold and impersonal in her responses. I will never recommend this company nor do business with them again.

Reply to: Is showtickets.com reliable
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted