We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with one last dinner pick

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
idaho
Level Contributor
124 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with one last dinner pick

My wife and i will be down in vegas in a bit, we will be there for 4 nights. I have already decided on these three resturants

Craftsteak - for a our "fancy/expensive" night

Cut - again for "nicer" night but because i've only heard good

Julian Sorano - for a more casual night

but i need help for the other night. i'm open to options and but i am thinking either Sushi or italian

we are staying at the Mandarin Orient. Also, if any of you are REALLY against any of the 3 resturants i have decided on feel free to let me know good or bad.

Thanks!

Westbrook, Maine
Level Contributor
660 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with one last dinner pick

Casa Di Amore for a decent, reasonable Italian - they have a limo that will pick you up, if you don't have a car.

I'd suggest Lawry's Prime Rib, as that is my favorite in Vegas, but it's not Sushi or Italian. You do need a car to get here, or you can taxi too.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll end up with some great suggestions.

Sheila

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with one last dinner pick

Yellowtail in Bellagio

www.bellagio.com/restaurants/yellowtail.aspx

SushiSamba at Palazzo

You've also got two steak places; might swap one for an Italian. There are five in Venetian/Palazzo, but I'll leave it to someone with recent, direct experience to recommend one.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
224 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with one last dinner pick

Not sure what you're looking for price-wise but I would recommend any of the Cosmo restaurants. D.O.C.G. was fantastic.

cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/taste/…d-o-c-g.aspx

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,643 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with one last dinner pick

Italian - Trattoria Reggiano in the Venetian. Walk by and check the menu. It is located just outside St Mark's Sq. Excellent food/service. Moderate price. Read the reviews. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there in August.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with one last dinner pick

In 4 nights I wouldn't want two steakhouses. And CUT is way more expensive than Craftsteak.

I would pick one steakhouse, then sub out the other with Twist right in your hotel - very unusual.

Then for the night you were actually asking about, I'd go with DOCG as MissCelandine recommended - really great Italian food at good prices, I haven't been to Scarpetta (its more expensive sibling) but after looking at both menus I was really happy we had chosen DOCG.

Edited: 03 January 2012, 22:51
calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with one last dinner pick

I'm a fan of the Batali Bastianich restaurants, so were it me, I'd choose B&B Ristorante or if I wanted more casual Otto Enoteca--both at Venetian. Although not Italian, either Morels at Palazzo or Bouchon at Venetian are some nice meals. You can find menus for all on the Venetian website.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with one last dinner pick

I've had a couple of delicious meals at Sirio Ristorante if you're looking for Italian but you may not want to go back to Aria since you've already planned a dinner at Julian Serrano.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help with one last dinner pick

Another vote for Sushi Samba. My top picks for Italian are: Nove Italiano - fabulous views - request the tables by the windows with the fireplace in them - top floor Palms Fantasy Tower; Il Mulino (top floor of Forum Shops)

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help with one last dinner pick

My favorite on the Strip for Italian is Sinatra at Encore. For Sushi (and for something different) Sushisamba is great. ;)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help with one last dinner pick

Found another list in a posting on Two Way Hard Three directed toward CES attendees who are unfamiliar with Las Vegas

ratevegas.com/blog/…first_time_at_c.html

"-- Sushi: If you're looking for some excellent sushi, go have a look at Okada (Wynn Las Vegas), Blue Ribbon (Cosmopolitan), Social House (in the Crystals Mall at CityCenter), Yellowtail (Bellagio) or NOBU (Hard Rock).

-- Italian: Another category with a wide range of options. Some good choices include Circo (Bellagio), Rao's (Caesars Palace), Sinatra (Encore), Nove (The Palms), Scarpetta (Cosmopolitan), or Sirio (Aria)."

Edited: 04 January 2012, 15:02