We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

Hi

I have just booked to go to Vegas in March, first time with BA. I see they are now using the 747-400.

Has anyone travelled on this flight recently? How was the flight? What are the planes like? Are they dated like the Virgin 747s?

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,112 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Missin_disney
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

Hi guys

we'll be watching this as we are on the same flight in September

Happy planning

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

Hi

Not done that route with BA but have done a few transatlantic with them and on their 747's. Always been very pleasent flights.

I would ask on the airline forum, lots of helpful people on that forum.

Clive

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

We flew with BA twice last year to Vegas flight entertainment, service etc was excellent, no running out of drinks at all.You won't regret it

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

I guess it depends flight by flight and where you are seated on the aircraft. Last year we flew out on a 777 to Vegas from Heathrow and they did indeed run out of certain drinks. Flying home on a 747 seemed very cramped compared to the 777.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

Just done that return trip on that flight. It was a 747 400. I found it to be very good in terms of flight being on time both ways. The flight does experience delays sometimes, but so do many others, and I only know because I check this flight often!

In my last three trips to Vegas I have always chose this one MAN-LHR-LAS. The service is normally very good, food, drink and entertainment also. Cabin crew friendly, I was in CW on my last trip, so that might have helped!

Mentioned in this post
ENGLAND
Level Contributor
290 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

i have flew both airlines and ba is by far better than the tin cans virgin are using .last used virgin in october and was very poor used ba in march and it was very good

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

Go with the cheapest. Save your spends for Vegas. In economy you just put up, no airline is oustanding and most are much of a muchness.

This will be our first flight with Virgin for 5 years, their glory days are fading but they were £150pp cheaper direct compared to BA. Oh and the VA flight gets in much earlier....more time in Vegas!

Mentioned in this post
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
238 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

As per previous poster, the arrival time for Virgin is much better (around 14:00) BA is more like 19:00. The last few years when we have been the passenger loads have been very poor, infact last Januray it wasnt even half full coming back.

I understand that BA are winning the battle on the route at present over Virgin, Virgin are having to cut cutting prices to compete, im glad BA came back on this route, when they pulled out a few years ago Virgin took the p**s on prices, now they have had a wake up call. Like someone else said though, go for the cheapest, both will get you there in the same time, so the more you save on the flight, the more you can plough into the machines chasing your fortunes!

(BA is a better overall service, but these days price is king!)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

Just re-read and can see you have already booked with BA. Sorry for my waffle, but hopefully helpful to others.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA - Heathrow to Las Vegas

Thanks for info. We are coming from Dublin so the later departure suits us.

The package on expedia from Dublin and on to Vegas, for some reason, was much cheaper than if I had booked the flight from London.

Mentioned in this post