We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palazzo rates for early June just shot up!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Topic
Palazzo rates for early June just shot up!

I have been checking the rates for Palazzo June 3-7 2012 and the rate for the Luxury View Suite has been around $329 for the past couple of months. I thought this was way too high so have been waiting for around March to book, hoping for some specials.

I just checked the rates today and they are $469! Do you think there will still be some specials coming up? Why would they put them up by so much now? Seems strange.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,565 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,032 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palazzo rates for early June just shot up!

You will find that room rates will flucutate wildly and often. Keep checking, I can't say if there will be specials as Palazzo is known for not offering much. The week you have chosen is also a pretty busy time, schools getting out, and it is right after the Memorial Day week. Keep checking smartervegas.com for specials. Good Luck!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palazzo rates for early June just shot up!

Rates respond to supply and demand. When you've been checking over the last few months there's probably been very little reservation activity for those dates so rates have remained static. However this far out it probably only requires a small number of reservations to be made for the system to respond by increasing rates which looks like what has happened now.

As you suggest, promos may appear for those rates in March or April but rates could just as easily go up again more than once. Why not make a reservation now to lock yourrself in? If you're not happy with what's on offer closer to your trip just cancel and book elsewhere.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palazzo rates for early June just shot up!

Thanks for your replies.

Interesting what you say, blagger re the system responding to increased demand by increasing rates. I wonder if that means that now the rates are so high, people (like me!) will be less likely to book and therefore the system will respond by reducing them. Wishful thinking, maybe. I just wish I had have locked them in before.

Will have to cross my fingers and keep checking.

4. Re: Palazzo rates for early June just shot up!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2013, 10:20