We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo hotels?

Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
989 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
Condo hotels?

My wife and I bought into a program with Global Discovery Vacations, where we supposedly get 4 weeks per year in a condo or condo hotel. Under 'duress' from my wife I agreed to purchase a membership. Not understanding the process, I sent in for a week in Las Vegas and there are no places available for the 1st week of April. I'm searching for a nice condo hotel (a full kitchen is necessary) for $1000 for the week, on or close to the strip with a nice pool(s) area. I've been looking on VRBO at The Signature at MGM and they look quite nice. We stayed at the Platinum once and loved it, but it's a bit pricey. Any other suggestions from those of you in the know?

Special Offer
Las Vegas Night Tour of the Strip by...
138 reviews
from US$39.99*
US$43.04
Las Vegas Club Crawl
10 reviews
from US$39.99*
Las Vegas Strip Ultra Limousine Tour
20 reviews
from US$199.99*
Michigan
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo hotels?

There's also HGVC by Hilton. The HGVC Flamingo being the most convenient location. Desert Rose, Marriott Grand Chateau & Planet Hollywood - Westgate Towers also have kitchens, same at Vdara too. PH Westgate is being taken over by HGVC. More economical option is probably Worldmark & Wyndham, off-strip.

We use Redweek.com to rent other people's timeshares, but cost $25/yr for membership. We find worth it.

Edited: 12 January 2012, 05:10
Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo hotels?

If you use VRBO for the sig or anywhere else for that matter, be sure of what is included. Often, daily housekeeping, clean towels are either an extra charge or not available. At the Sig, if their is any issue with your room that requires attention, you will have to contact who it was rented from, not the hotel. Be sure to go to the website for the Signature, and sign up for deals via e mail. I used to signature mahy times, both renting from an owner or company, and direct from the hotel. I find renting from the hotel directly is a much better way to go.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo hotels?

Like Norman said, do comparison shop as can sometimes rent direct from company (always best for flexibility for unexpected date changes or cancellations). We also sometimes find rental listings on eBay.

Norfolk, VA
Level Contributor
586 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo hotels?

Desert Rose Resort. Right behind the Tropicana.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
603 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo hotels?

Wyndham Grand Desert? (They have a shuttle that takes you to Harrah's) Great pools. (Off Harmon down from Planet Hollywood off strip just a little) I've also stayed at The Platinum and the rooms are much bigger (but a little older) than Plantinum. (You can get rentals on ebay.)

Florida
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo hotels?

Signature is perfect. You will like it. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

Vdara, same as Signature and equally as lovely. More center strip.

Trump, same as above: All lovely, it's just which location do you prefer.

Have stayed in all: Any questions.

Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
989 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo hotels?

Thanks all for such great advice as usual. I've found a great deal at the Platinum, where we've stayed before.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo hotels?

The website Jetsetter has the Signature right now, less than $1000 for the first week in April. Check it out. I have used the website quite a few times for trips and it's always been great.

http://www.jetsetter.com/invite/tyra8880

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,089 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo hotels?

You've also got the Jockey Club, Carriage House and Polo Towers in the heart of town. Just off Strip a bit would be Tahiti Village, and Cancun Resort. And a little further South you've got The Grandview. Depending on your transportation arrangements, all of the ones off strip are fairly easy to get to, IMO.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Condo hotels?

Other good sites to look for owner timeshare rentals are Redweek.com (just go in a a guest and only join for $15 per year if you see something you want to rent) and TUG2.net (The timeshare users group -- look at the classified ads section). Using these two sites I've done about a dozen timeshare rental over the years. // Renting from timeshare owners directly has saved me tons of money.