We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Is there any point !!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Is there any point !!

Itching to sort our trip for September BUT Flights for virgin at the moment are £10 cheaper than last year do you ever get a real bargain with these flights with out waiting until days before ??

Cheers Burnie

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Is there any point !!

UK posters will be able to answer about the best time to book but from what I've read, there's been a big hike in taxes on flights out of the UK this year. The fact that you're seeing virtually the same total fare as last year with the new taxes plus crude oil at around $10 per barrel more expensive than twelve months ago suggests a possible bargain already.

uk
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Is there any point !!

Patience is your virtue Burnie. I managed to bag a flight for September from Manchester (not my preferred departure point) for under £500 using 2000 air miles just before Crimbo but prices rocketed the following day.

This Christmas / New Year has been different to the past few years in as much as airlines don't seem to have had the sales as they usually do around this time. Prices up to April seem acceptable but as Blagger points out those tax hikes follow and are a likely reason.

If I hadn't fluked a pre Xmas bargain I'd be holding off for now as I'm fairly confident you'll still get September flights for around £600 at some point but of course it's all a pre Vegas gamble.

Good luck!

Edited: 14 January 2012, 08:33
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Is there any point !!

Have you tried opodo, travelocity etc? Its just im looking for multi city options, so these are the ones i'm looking at, but i'm struggling to find anything under £1300 (2 people going Man to Las, Las to NYC and NYC to Man).

The best price I got for the above was actually by ringing Dial a Flight....!

When abouts in september are you going?

If you see a price you like though eventually, snap it up, as I waited and waited for a flight to Ibiza the summer just gone and then before you knew it, i'd left it too late and ended up paying an extra £50!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Is there any point !!

Cheers guys

I am going the the 9th of September for 1 week and i want to go from manchester direct

the last few years we have gone from london but now virgin fly out of manchester it seems to make sense to use them

Burnie

Edited: 14 January 2012, 08:54
England, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Is there any point !!

hi

I just booked yesterday to go on the 26th of january,lastest i have ever left it, it was £565 each if this helps you.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin Is there any point !!

Let us know how you get on and what you decided!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin Is there any point !!

will dolet you know how i get on£565 that is well cheap

I am also going to use some natwest points i have discovered that may well get one of us there and back for free !!

if this is the case i may well treat us to premium seats

Burnie

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin Is there any point !!

We paid (in theory) £565 for direct Virgin flights from Gatwick to Vegas for a trip end of March. I say in theory because we booked an Opodo flight/hotel package but the hotel and flight was split out on the receipt and the Virgin part was £565.

I found Opodo to be the best value by far, our 6 nights Planet Hollywood was only just over £200, although I noticed prices have risen considerably since before Christmas. We actually booked on Christmas Eve.

Personally, if flights are £10 cheaper than last year I would snap them up now and stop looking. It's a gamble either way but hey this is Vegas, you might as well start as you mean to go on......

manchester
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Virgin Is there any point !!

Just paid £544 from manchester on the 23 of feb not the ideal time for us but the cheapest we could find the price still stands today

Blackpool
Level Contributor
213 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Virgin Is there any point !!

Hi Spilly, sounds like you're on the same flight as me on the 26th from Manchester with Virgin. We booked the flights in Aug last year and paid £430, I thought this was a bargain for a direct flight.

Hope you a great time