We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

StripSteak or MIX?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
StripSteak or MIX?

Which of these restaurants would you recommend for first-timers to Vegas?

MIX has the amazing view, but StripSteak seems to have slightly better food and service.

I have the restaurant.com coupons...

Boston
Level Contributor
24,416 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: StripSteak or MIX?

MIX is the superior restaurant, StripSteak IMO is highly over rated, Its a shame a restaurant like MIX has to coupon itself out.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
294 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: StripSteak or MIX?

i haven't been to mix...but stripsteak was an amazing dinner when i went. the pork shank was redunkulous!!!!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: StripSteak or MIX?

Don't let your vacation be ruled by coupons and discounts. That's what you do at home! Decide where you want to eat and then see if something is available in terms of restaurant.com or elsewhere. If you decide on a totally different restaurant from these two then so be it - you can always get credit for unused gift certificates.

To answer the question, the two aren't comparable. One is a steakhouse and the other French based fine dining. I would personally choose Mix in a heartbeat primarily because as nice as Stripsteak is, there are several steakhouses I'd choose ahead of it. Food and service has been excellent at Mix both times I've eaten there.

Edited: 14 January 2012, 12:09
Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,158 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: StripSteak or MIX?

MIX has a cooler ambiance & great views. We have always had great food & service.

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: StripSteak or MIX?

MIX gets my vote. I have had the steak at MIX, the best I've ever had (and I eat a lot of steak)!

victoria bc canada
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: StripSteak or MIX?

While I have nor been to Stripsteak,I have dined several times at MIX,each time was wonderful for service,food and the view.

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: StripSteak or MIX?

I'd go with Mix for a combination of the ambiance and more interesting food. But I haven't cared for my meat dishes at Mix as much as the seafood offerings there. Just my experience on 3 dinner visits.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,264 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: StripSteak or MIX?

Mix would be my choice.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: StripSteak or MIX?

I have been to both, Mix once and StripSteak several times.

Mix was very enjoyable. I really loved the view and the food was good. I felt the food was somewhat overpriced for what you get, but I had a restaurant.com cert also. The view is worth a little extra anyway.

StripSteak has great food and is a much better value. We have always had a great experience there with great service and I think you get a lot more for your money there. No view though.

If you already have certificates for both, go to Mix one night for your "big" night out and go to StripSteak another night and get a less expensive meal. I think the StripSteak cert just specifies that you have to get 2 entrees, or at least it used to. Just a thought.

10. Re: StripSteak or MIX?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2013, 10:23