We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

What would be considered a "good deal" currently for 5 nights in Vegas from Canada which includes the following:

- no comps

- direct flight

- 4 star hotel center strip

- 2 adults

Boston
Level Contributor
24,410 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

You would need to give more info, plus how would us Americans know what good or bad airfare is from Canada?

When are you coming?

What days are you coming?

In your mind what is a 4 star hotel price wise and what are you looking for in a Hotel? Top end restaurants, great pool grounds, great bars, an in house show?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

Maybe the question is then geared more towards Canadians who visit Las Vegas. Will be there for 5 nights (Sun-Thur) around Valentines Day. I think I gave enough info otherwise...just looking for a ballpark.

Edited: 15 January 2012, 12:33
Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

Anything under a thousand dollars total would be a good deal.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
858 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

Alot can depend on the airport you fly from. For us flying from Toronto which is in the list of top 5 expensive airports in the world, we tend to pay more than those say, flying from Winnipeg!

In the Travel Section of the Toronto Star you see 4 night breaks in LV being offered about a month or so in advance of the travel date for anywhere from $550 to $800 depending on the time of week/hotel etc etc. But bearing in mind these are reasonably short notice packages that need to be booked immediately as the travel date may be in less than a month.

I know that last year just a direct flight from Toronto to LV was $1055 for myself and my wife. Not bad from the $1800 that it was about a month prior to that.

You will also find quite a few Ontarians that will fly from Buffalo which can be a lot cheaper than Toronto. I find that the people that fly from Buffalo tend to live west of Toronto though and so a lot closer to the border. For me, we live an hour east of the city, by the time you factor in drive time, crossing the border, gas etc and probably a hotel the night before its not worth it. But you will find others that swear by the prices etc when flying from south of the border.

Our last two trips we stayed at the South Point which is well south of the main strip. Paid an average of about $35 a night if I remember.

If I were you I would check packages on some of the websites like Expedia and even Flightcentre.ca. This will at least give you an idea of the great variance in prices depending on the time of week you fly and the hotels you stay at.

Not much help really, but I have seen 4 night packages staying at the Imperial Palace for about $600 inc flights. But those flights might be late night flights into LV and midnight flights coming home. Which is how they can make it cheaper.

Pete

Canada
Level Contributor
848 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

I'm not sure from Winnipeg but I am leaving from Toronto and our air fare is just under $1200 direct for 2 people and our 5 star hotel is just over $600 for 5 nights Sunday through Friday.

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

Got 5 nights weekend from Edmonton 1250 $ including tax for 2. I thought that was a good deal . Don't know about if it would be any different from the PEG

DaShores
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

i never use a travel agent, expedia or westjet.com or air canada .com from toronto a good deal direct would be in the 500 per person range (probably the red eye coming back).

center strip 4 star something like Paris LV would be in the 90 per night range... flight and hotel from Toronto in the 1500 range or lower.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

If you are booking now for this Feb you may have a hard time finding a good deal...flight prices have been climbing for Feb for a while...if you are looking ahead to next year and keep your eyes on prices, you should be able to do flight and 4star for less than 1000 each. Flights that are over 800 right now form Winnipeg, you should be able to get for less than 500 if you planned ahead. Any "good deal" flights now will probably be milk runs with two or three layovers. You have the right idea going weekdays to keep prices down. Weekend hotel prices will drive your costs up a lot.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

Thanks for the feedback. So it looks like my $1290, direct flight, 5 nights at PH for 2 is okay.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 nights in Vegas...good deal from Canada?

Each or total for both? If total for both, that's decent