We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelocity vs Expedia

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Travelocity vs Expedia

Want to book rooms through on of these, as they are offering a special that the hotel is not offering. Is one better than the other? I know booking through hotel is best, but these places are offering a special that the hotel will not offer, I have called and asked.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
717 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelocity vs Expedia

What are the specials?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,585 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelocity vs Expedia

Whats the special that the Hotel is not offering that the Hotel is not? is your money refundable? Can you change dates? Is it a decent Hotel? Are the rooms on the low end side?

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelocity vs Expedia

Planet Hollywood Towers, book a King Suite and get free upgrade to one bedroom.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelocity vs Expedia

I booked that deal too and yes it's only being offered on a few sites . I booked with booking.com I've used them b4 you don't pay upfront and there is cancellation within 24 hours of arrival.

I think just check the conditions of the booking agent then book with what best suits Yu

Upon booking I was emailed my booking confirmation details which contains the planet Hollywood towers email so I just emailed them to confirm my booking to avoid any hassles . I have heard so some lost bookings via booking sites on this forum so I just covered my backside !!

Good luck I think it's a great deal and that's why I booked it too

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,186 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelocity vs Expedia

I have had good experiences with expedia. Used them many times.

There is a coupon reply #2 in this thread that may interest you.....

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k5045318…

Edited: 16 January 2012, 14:30
Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,434 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelocity vs Expedia

Make sure you have a print out of your reservation stating the upgrade. Have never had a problem w/ expedia or travelocity...

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelocity vs Expedia

Both would be very similar. I've used expedia in the past. No issues. Just make sure to read all the 'fine print' for your cancellation or change policies. And sometimes these 3rd party bookings don't always show the resort fees that are added on to some properties. Good luck!!

Dewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelocity vs Expedia

I saw this free PH Towers upgrade on bookit.com...

U get a free $50 american express prepaid card too if you stay 3 nights....

Is it ok to use bookit.com if i am british?

Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelocity vs Expedia

last year i got the wynn for a steal and $100 resort credit using travelocity

10. Re: Travelocity vs Expedia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2013, 10:26