We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoover Dam Tours?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hoover Dam Tours?

If I just show up at Hoover Dam (in my rental car), will I be able to get a guided tour? How often are the tours? Do I need to book in advance, or just show up?

Grand Adventures Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours, Bus Tours
Las Vegas Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Bindlestiff Tours - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Boston
Level Contributor
24,543 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoover Dam Tours?

www.usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam/service/index.html

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoover Dam Tours?

Thanks! So can I assume that the tours occur every 30 minutes?? That's the one point that isn't clear from the website.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoover Dam Tours?

Yes, tours on going all day.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,610 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoover Dam Tours?

The longer dam tour is a much better tour.Worth the extra expense.Be sure to do the walk over the new bypass bridge(free) and check out Lake Mead Overlook on the way back to the highway.

5. Re: Hoover Dam Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2013, 10:27