We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Shuttle

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
73 posts
327 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Shuttle

Has anyone used Showtime Shuttles to get from Las Vegas airport to The Mirage. I've been quoted $26 return for two people which sounds great and half the price of a taxi.

Would be good to hear people's views.

Thanks

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Shuttle

Try a search on this forum by enering showtime shuttles, there is plenty of info, seems to run hot and cold

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Shuttle

I can't understand why someone would waste an hour or two of precious Vegas time on a shuttle to save a few bucks?

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Shuttle

Never prepay for shuttles as they have a reputation for not showing up on the return trip. I call the day before to schedule a return. $26 is too much for 2 people. A taxi would be cheaper at that rate. From the Mirage it should be $7 or $8 per person. I like the Ritz and Grey Line shuttle, hate Beltran.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Shuttle

Uncertain about phrase "$26 return."

A cab from the airport to Mirage should run about $26 (including tip) or less. That's the total for up to 5 people. From Mirage to airport will cost the same or less because there is no airport fee for fares beginning at McCarran. (These calculations cannot account for unpredictables such as traffic.)

Shuttles cost $7-8 per person. Add $1 or so tip per bag. Roundtrip fares, which all the shuttles attempt to sell, are not recommended due to unpredictability and requirement of contacting them 24 hours in advance before you need to be picked up. When you need to get to the airport, use a taxi and save yourself unnecessary stress.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Shuttle

The only problem with booking and paying for a shuttle to return you to the airport is possibly paying for something you don't get. Over the years there have been numerous reports of people pre-paying for shuttles that didn't show up. It's a nerve-wracking experience for them, waiting for a shuttle that doesn't show up, continuing to wait, becoming concerned about checking in for their flight on time, taking a taxi when totally stressed over time, etc.

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
73 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Shuttle

Hi,

Return is the same as Roundtrip.

$26 return - Arrival 7 dollars each from airport to hotel and 6 dollars each and departure 6 dollars each from hotel to airport = 26 dollars.

My understanding is that a taxi would cost 26 dollars each way = 52 dollars.

I see your point about getting back to the airport. We used the shuttle in New York and it was so reliable.

Good to get everyone's views. I never use taxis in England hence my reluctance to do so elsewhere. Public transport is good enough for me and I always try and use it on my travels.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Shuttle

You're coming all the way from the UK and spending many hundreds/thousands of dollars on your visit. A $26 taxi ride to ensure you arrive back at the airport on time is not a sensible area in which to economize.

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Shuttle

Oops my bad, I misread the post. That's correct, $26 for round trip 2 people, half the price of a taxi.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Shuttle

We have use showtime shuttle from airport to TI (next door to Mirage) with no complains for about for about $15 for two of us with tip, but if there are more than 2 people take a taxi, it is cheaper and faster. There is a surcharge for taxi pick up at airport, so it is at least $25 if not more with tip. DO NOT BUY ROUND TRIP SHUTTLE. For sure take taxi from hotel to airport if you want to make sure you get to airport on time, it is also about $3.50 cheaper from hotel to airport because there is no airport surcharge. Like everybody says, if you are spending all that money from UK what a few more $ for a taxi.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Shuttle

I've taken the shuttle many times from the airport to my hotel. Not once has it ever taken one to two hours or anything close to that. Taxi lines can be very long as well, so you might as well wait comfortably on the shuttle, lol.

I cab it back to the airport though, very convenient and the shuttle can be unreliable.

Edited: 17 January 2012, 02:56