We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marquee & XS tips....

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Marquee & XS tips....

Hi Folks

Looing into some clubs for Hubby & I Vegas trip in May, and the above 2 caught my eye :)

Were 24 & 25 and really want to try them out, but im needing some advice about -

1.Prices of entry drinks etc Do girls get discounted prices or free?? dont know where i seen that tbh!!

2. Entry Tips, is it worth a VIP host service or wait in line??

3. Any other clubs which i should look at??

4. XS has a pool, how does that work, do you take swim wear ??

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marquee & XS tips....

Entry into clubs varies. For men generally $50, prices vary on the female, but $20 is pretty standard. I always use my host for XS, many people do not.

Drinks run from $10 for beer up to $20/25 depending on the drink.

Entry tip if not using a host, is to get there early, right at opening. And yes you will wait in line.

No don't take swim wear to XS.

look at www.jackcolton.com

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
592 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marquee & XS tips....

And while at Jack Colton you might want to look for Anthony Connelly and his threads.

He is the host for XS, depending on the night he often has threads on Jack Colton about club entry. I have been on his list in the past and I can tell you he is professional gets back to you immediately and will do exactly what he says he will do for you.

But remember that he is saving you entry and waiting in line...tip accordingly.

London
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marquee & XS tips....

In the summer XS does a pool party on a Sunday night where beach attire is allowed although the majority of people dress in normal wear.

XS on a Sunday or Monday is great fun and much less hassle than a Friday or Saturday. You can normally pick up free entry passes from the Encore gift shop.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marquee & XS tips....

Thanks!!

I was thinking of going Monday as we are there for 10 nights and hoping it would have been a bit quieter!

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marquee & XS tips....

we did jackcolton. Having never gone to a club, curiosity mainly. 1 of the 3 hosts got back to us via email- and then 1 phone call. We got there- found him and he took us right to the door. We stil paid. $30 for me, wife was free. We had the offer of Bottle service and a table. Didn't want to pay $500+ for a vodka bottle; so just ordered couple drinks ($20) and soaked in what a Vegas nightclub was about. We stayed just an hr. It was for us a 'bucket list' to check off, not an all nighter. Late 30's then, so definitely older than 95% of the crowd- maybe 99%.

So, contact the host; minimum he gets you past the 30 min line. Best he hooks you up- and yes tip him

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Marquee & XS tips....

Monday is Marquee's big night so it won't be "quiet" that night. On some Mondays, they host Party Rock Monday with DJ Redfoo of LMFAO, and that'll be likely significantly busier.

I can't recommend anything about XS as I've never been there, but Marquee involved a LOT of stairs. There are elevators but they were not in use, and this seems to be a common theme with reviews of the place. These are industrial, fire-exit-style stairs, not padded and carpeted stairs. If you're wearing tall heels or something, you'll likely be crying by the time you reach the top floor (which is the main area).

The dance floor area is fairly small in the main room for whatever reason and security is often rushing people through the area to make sure there's nobody in the way. This is great if you're actually trying to maneuver and get somewhere, but makes it hard to get up front in the dance floor area. As a girl you probably won't have that problem, though.

Drinks ran $13 for a vodka tonic and $16 for a vodka Red Bull as of a few weeks ago. $7 for a bottle of water, though if you ask the bartender nicely and you've been tipping, they will likely just give you a glass of ice water for free.

It can't hurt to ask if any drinks are included, depending on the group you're with. If it's mostly ladies, there's a decent chance you can get something. One of the security guys got a laugh out of my girlfriend's purse (it's made out of an old NES controller) and gave us a couple free drink tickets, so I do know they have them available.

None of the hosts for Marquee as listed on Jack Colton's site wanted anything to do with us if we weren't doing bottle service. Emails with questions about it were answered very promptly (almost immediately) while other questions never got a reply.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marquee & XS tips....

Thanks all for your replys!!

Ill have a look at Jack Colton :)

8. Re: Marquee & XS tips....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 09:35
9. Re: Marquee & XS tips....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 10:32