We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo rental

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Topic
Alamo rental

I just booked a car through Costco for Alamo. I usually book Dollar, but Alamo was almost $100 cheaper. I've done a search on here and have read about using kiosks. Dollar has express, is that the same as the same as kiosks for Alamo? Must I be member?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4,926 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo rental

I rented from Alamo just last month. I did join the "Alamo Insiders.' About 24 hours before you arrive, I "checked in" on line and printed out the confirmation page. When I arrived at the rental car center, I bypassed the Alamo desk, went right up to the cars, showed the guy my paperwork, and he told me what cars I could choose from. Got in the car and then showed the guy at the exit booth my paperwork, driver's license, etc., and was out. It wasn't complicated and pretty quick. When you "check in," you give them your credit card, decline insurance, etc. I never used a kiosk.

Pentwater, MI
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo rental

I have rented from Alamo many times and my experience is exactly as described by Joanner04. Have never had to wait in a line and the help in the garage directs you to the next class of cars if the class you reserved is gone.

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
744 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo rental

x3 on the Alamo. And might I suggest you join the insiders now, and check your booking now using one of the extra discounts you get from being an insider. Our upcoming LAS rental has dropped in almost half in a month - plus we have been able to upgrade from and Economy to Standard and still save half. You might get a better deal than with your cosco codes. Check it out.

And it is just that easy to get your car and get on the road. We love using Alamo for this.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo rental

Alamo is by far the most expensive car rental in Vegas; almost 3x as much as my Hertz rental. Not sure why the Alamo attraction??

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,175 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo rental

Because Alamo is NOT "by far the most expensive car rental in Vegas" obviously. Hertz is crazy expensive. Sometimes Dollar is cheaper, sometimes Alamo is cheaper. Hertz is almost always more expensive than either of those.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alamo rental

Because the rental rates flucuate so much, I can see that if you happen to catch it at the wrong time, Alamo's rates would be higher than Hertz's rates. However, if you continue to check back enough, in most cases you will get a much better rate with Alamo.

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alamo rental

I can't imagine Alamo being more expensive than Hertz for the same dates.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alamo rental

Depends which country you are booking from.

We need a car in Sept for 8 days and on Alomo.com economy car $428 but on uk site £136 including everything (about $200).

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alamo rental

With Alamo, check and re-check, the rates go up and down and down and up. I just booked Super Bowl weekend, 3 days for $44 total all taxes included. When I had checked a day earlier it was $95. -

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Alamo rental

At the time I was shopping around they were the cheapest by at least $30 form the other companies I have used...Dollar, Hertz, Payless..