We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
829 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

Many first-timers ask about what shoes to take. I learned the hard way. So, does anyone have any specific suggestions? I would like to know the ultra-comfortable Vegas walking shoe.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

I just wear flips or sandals in the day. I am a big believer in cabs lol

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

Sparkly, sequiny, shiny, fancy flip flops ranging from my fav $100 pair from nine west to a $300 jimmy choo pair, to my second fav silver rubber and sequin $10 pair from target.

Daytime, Havianias rubber flops are a must. Soooooooooooo comfy!

long island
Level Contributor
692 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

Adidas flip flops, one in black and other in white. The MOST comfortable shoe ever!!!!! And one pair of dressy low sandals to wear to shows.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

I love my shiny black shoes.

Yes, they are are Jimmy Choo and certainly more expensive than $300

Jeez

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

A comfy pair of running shoes. (some would say joggers...I think the terminology varies). I have found that over all the trips over all the years the last couple trips with my Sketchers left my feet the least abused. If I'm going when it's going to be hot I wear my Croc flip flops, but never to walk far in. My back and feet aren't young anymore and I'm always willing to give up style for function. I don't want to be one of the ladies I see walking barefoot on the strip carrying shoes in the wee hours anyway.

Ohio
Level Contributor
829 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

Looking at Merrell or Bernie Mev "April" shoes. Can anyone comment on their comfort?

I never had foot problems in Vegas until 2 yrs. ago...and they weren't even new shoes. It must have been the heat..it was 108 degrees. My feet must have swollen a little, but not noticeably. I ended up buying Minnetonka moccasins on Fremont St...I truly think they saved my life. I wore them last year and had no problems.I would just like something with a little more support.

Bretton Woods, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

I just wear flip flops, even if its cold! At night I wear heels that eventually turn uncomfortable but by that point I've had enough to drink that I don't care ;)

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

My metallic Naot sandals are my go everywhere shoes now. I've got flats, ones with a small lift, a couple of wedges. All comfortable, all reasonably nice looking (not hot nightclub worthy, but nice restaurant worthy.) I can where them 18 hours a day with no problems, and they hold up pretty good. Plus they're light for packing.

These have replaced my mephisto patent leather red wedge sandals which I also love, but they're a little to high for me now with my back issues, and I did have to change them out after about 6 hours of walking and wear.

In the winter, if I have to go out, I'm going with the uggs, and I don't care how uggly they are...

Ohio
Level Contributor
829 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

I have Naot low pumps. I absolutely love them. I can take them to wear with jeans, but need flats. Maybe I should just get Naot flats and hope they are as comfortable.

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: After purse poll, how about a "shoe poll"?

I'm with consuelabanana!!! Taxiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

If I have to wear a heel it's a wedge..they give a bit more support..but I try to get the most dressy sandle I can find.

In the day time I have these cheap rubbery flip flops I buy in Vegas at the tacky souvenier shops that say 'las vegas' on the top and look like an eggshell where your foot goes....AMAZINGLY comfy.

I think the key to no blisters is moleskin...I always pack a boat load just incase!!