We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

Hi I'm flying this route in may and was just wondering if anyone else has done so, we have 2 hours to catch our connecting flight to Vegas , is this sufficient time to catch it and what's the on board entertainment like on the flights. My first time to USA so pretty new to all this with immigration and customs and stuff :)

T

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

We did this flight on the 15th jan, flight was half full so plenty of room, sufficient time in Philly to clear immigration, you will have to pick up your bags at Philly, the flight down to LV will be full, be aware the 2nd flight is around 5hrs on a smaller plane with no meal provided (you can purchase cold snacks) and no TV's on board

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

Hi

I have done connections and 2 hours would be a minimum for me. It can take along while to get through immigration then you have to collect bags and go through customs. Look on the bright side though when you get to Las Vegas you will be on a domestic, so quick out.

You dont say where you are connecting but I would see if I could check which terminal i am arriving and departing from and look them up on the airport map, just so I might have some idea where I'm going.

If you check what plane you are flying on then go on seatguru it should tell you about onboard service.

If by any chance you miss your connection, they will put you on the next available flight.

Clive

Sorry just spotted Philly!

Edited: 26 January 2012, 18:22
Florida
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

The Philly airport does there job well and fast. If your not familiar when you get there just ask and they will move you along ASAP. Gone thru many times and they know how to move you on. No worries. But speak up. They know what there doing.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

You will arrive at A West and most likely fly out via A East or B.

Easy airport to get around and plenty of food options to grab something before you get on the flight.

As others have mentioned, there is no in flight entertainment from PHL to LAS. We really have loved the ipad for that purpose. We rent movies, tv shows, and play "board" games like monopoly on it.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

Thanks for the replies, seems to be ok to get around then and to catch the connecting flight and I have a iPad so I'll load it up with movies and games :) how's the food on the man to Philly flight? Generally ok? And also on that flight do you get free drinks?

england
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

their will be no problems about the connection but don't dawdle once you get to philly- custom lines can be either so i like to walk quick just in case -

you collect your bags and then walk round the corner to drop your bags off again and then there is a long walk to the next terminal

i enjoy the films and entertainment - you can play on demand and they have the latest films

however the food is going downhill -i would take a few snacks along the way

all tea coffee and juices and coke lemonade are free, wine and spirits are $7 or $4 each

i do this journey all the time - i still think its good value

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,044 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

A couple of tips to help you meet your connection - try to sit near the front of your transatlantic flight and don't stop for restroom visits on the walk to immigration to ensure you are as near the front of the queque as possible.

Also remember that any liquid duty free purchases will need to be put into your checked luggage before handing it back for your connecting flight or it will be consficated at the security checkpoint in philly.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

We did this route in September and missed the second flight......Everybody on our flight was stuck at immigration for ages.....probably about 3000 in the queue and they were letting you through one at a time at the bit where you take your shoes off......That was the worst bit.

Had to wait 3 hours longer for another flight but wasnt too bad i suppose.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

Anyone else been on this route since jan?, I'm going in a few weeks and a few people are saying 2 hours isn't enough to get through Philly immigration?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
863 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MAN - LAS US Airways via Philly

I fly to MAN a couple of times per year through PHL (home to Charlotte, not Vegas). One issue is that the international flights typically arrive (and depart) from the A terminal (and it seems like my flights to and from MAN almost always are at the furthest gate in A) and if your outbound flight is going out of C or D, it can be a hike - its a fairly lengthy walk.

Food on MAN-PHL is ok. Free alcoholic drinks are only in first class / envoy, not in coach.