We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas-Grand Canyon road trip suggestions

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Smyrna, Delaware
Level Contributor
170 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas-Grand Canyon road trip suggestions

I am interested in flying into vegas, visiting the Hoover dam, south rim of grand canyon, sedona and then flying home out of Phoenix. I want to do this all within 5 nights. I'm trying to get an accurate time frame of drive times. I've only been to sedona, so I was wondering if you could help me. How long of a drive to hoover dam from vegas? How long of a drive from the dam to south rim? SOuth rim to sedona? sedona to phoenix? any insight would be much appreciated....More info...this trip is for a group aged 13-68, one being in a wheelchair. What would be the best opportunity for all to see the Grand Canyon, especially with one in a wheelchair?

Thanks so much,

Sherri

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas-Grand Canyon road trip suggestions

You may get better response over on the Arizona and Grand canyon boards. I'm over there as we are doing a one day trip tothe south rim. The only thing I Can tell you is that it's about 5 hours to the south rim. You can also input all your locations into mapquest and get a detailed map including avg drive times.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas-Grand Canyon road trip suggestions

From the Strip to Hoover Dam is 30 minutes, give or take. Dam to South Rim 5 hours. South Rim to Phoenix another 2 hours. Not sure about Sedona in the mix. Very do able trip if you have 5 nights.

I would say, 2 nights Vegas, 1 at South Rim, 1 in Sedona and 1 in Phoenix. Have a good trip.

3. Re: Vegas-Grand Canyon road trip suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 10:16