We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broken Promises

London, Ontario...
Level Contributor
447 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Broken Promises

We just got back from Vegas early this morning, gosh I hate getting on that plane to come home!!

I had posted in this forum that I would post pictures of the newly renovated luxury fab room at the Flamingo once I returned but I can't do that now, sorry!!

We had called the hotel ahead of time telling them that we would be arriving late but I wanted to make sure that we would still be able to have the room that we had booked, didn't want them to think that we weren't coming. We arrived at probably close to 11:30 p.m. Of course we were the only ones checking in at that time. Get up to the lady and she's taking awhile looking on the screen. I'm thinking we better not be getting a regular deluxe room....lol She tells us that she has to talk to her manager. I said to my husband, hope they upgrade us to a comped go room. She comes back and BAM , a go room for us!! Sorry for all of you that wanted the pictures of the fab luxury room but I'll take the go room anyday!! There are advantages to getting there late!! lol

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,565 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,032 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broken Promises

Kim - I'm sure we could forgive you for your broken promise if you write us a trip report lol!

Bermuda
Level Contributor
335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broken Promises

Total lack of forum committment. You should be ashamed and perhaps put in time out on the naughty step by Admin.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Broken Promises

You are forgiven- just don't make a habit of it , please! :-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broken Promises

For our trip in April we are staying two nights comped at Paris and 3 nights at Wynn.....I came very close to booking two nights in a Fab Luxury room instead of Wynn but decided against it because if I ended up in anything but the Fab Luxury room I would have been pissed. I'm not a Flamingo fan or a go-room fan but almost gave it a whirl because of the new rooms. I'm happy you were pleased with the change and weren't disappointed. Perhaps someone else will post some photos here after a stay of the Fab Luxury rooms.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broken Promises

That's my kind of broken promise!

Tacoma, WA
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Broken Promises

My best room upgrade ever and one of the nicest rooms /suites I have stayed in was due to a late arrival. My girlfried (now wife) and I were on our first trip together and were staying at the Golden Nugget. We arrived around 1:30 am and had booked a standard room (this was before the South Tower was open). What we received was a two-room suite. Basically was two regular rooms with the connecting door removed. One set up with a King Bed and "Her" bathroom and the other as a living room and "His" bathroom. Pretty cool upgrade.

Congrats on your broken promise!

Rob

Edited: 02 February 2012, 00:31
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Broken Promises

All is forgiven . . . nice score!

Orange, California
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Broken Promises

Nice!!! But you probably could have got moved to a Fab the next day. ;) Like the GO rooms as well. Tell us more about your adventures in a TR.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Broken Promises

WHAT? You didn't stalk the maids by a FAB room & offer them $5 to let you go in and take pictures? SHAME ON YOU! :) :)

10. Re: Broken Promises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2013, 10:16