We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is the walk from........

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lockhart, Texas
Level Contributor
622 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How far is the walk from........

Flamingo to Ellis Island? If its a few miles, how much for a taxi approximately? Is it worth the time to check it out?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is the walk from........

It's not nearly that far. I won't guess the percentage of miles, but I'd say 10-15 min walk. It's just down the street behind Bally's.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is the walk from........

Google maps says its 1.1 miles and a 4 minute drive or a 14 minute walk!

Level Contributor
3,508 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is the walk from........

Easily walkable from the Flamingo - about 1/2 mile. It is a shorter walk to there than it would be from the Flamingo to Mirage.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is the walk from........

As far as the taxi goes. We took one from Harrahs to the Platinum Hotel, (two years ago) which is basically next door to EI. Eight bucks + tip. Would have walked, but it was late and we had plenty of alcohol.

Level Contributor
3,508 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is the walk from........

You can save @1/3 mile if you exit out the rear/side of Flamingo rather than onto the strip. 1 mile the long way - a bit more than 1/2 mile the direct way.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is the walk from........

According to Google Maps- .07 miles from the Flamingo and you could walk to it in 13 minutes. I would say 15 minutes tops. I have walked it from Bally's with no problems.

Is it worth it? I think it is one of those restaurants that people are going to either love or hate. I have eaten there more than once (steak special, only) and I liked what I ate.

If you are interested in anything in Vegas, than-yes- it is worth your time to check it out, because you don't know if you will like something or not unless you go there yourself-no matter how many people love it or hate it. It isn't a restaurant that is an hour away nor will you be paying $100 for a meal, so you won't be risking much time or money. Try it and if you don't like it- just don't return.

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far is the walk from........

Easy walk from Flamingo. You can even break up the trip with some other attractions.

On the way there, you can pause at Flamingo @ Koval near where Tupac was shot. You can bust a rhyme or some moves in memorium and work up a good appetite for the steak special at Ellis Island (ask for it, not on the menu).

On the way back, stop in at the Stage Door on Flamingo under the monorail tracks and sit down for some quick vp with a cold brew & shot for $2 served by the inimitable Lady Tat. Call it pre-party or a nite cap, based on your energy level.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How far is the walk from........

There is also the Westin Casuarina on the north side of Flamingo for some slots or gambling on your way back to the Strip.

Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How far is the walk from........

We walk it all the time, no need for a cab. I'd only take a cab if it was late at night, daytime, no problem.

Lockhart, Texas
Level Contributor
622 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How far is the walk from........

Thanks for all the advice. I will definitely give it ago. Really want to try the Stage Door as well so will make it a 2fer deal.